New Eon tariff but where is it?

poppasmurf_bewdley
poppasmurf_bewdley Posts: 5,909 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 15 June 2017 at 6:34PM in Energy
Eon have been trumpeting this new tariff to the newspapers but I can't find it on the website, at least not the actual tariffs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-4606896/Eon-s-tariff-guarantees-100-average.html
"There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2017 at 8:13PM
    https://www.eonenergy.com/
    You need to get a quote to find the prices.

Obviously designed to fool the hard of thinking.
  • molerat wrote: »

I've done that (got a quote) and it's come up with my current package.

This offer is obviously not a package in itself, but just something they're doing with existing packages.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    It gives me 3 tariffs, Saver V10, Cap&Track and SV but I am not a current customer. If I am logged into my account it will not quote me, maybe because my account is not closed and billed.
  • Only available on dual fuel.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Eon have been trumpeting this new tariff to the newspapers but I can't find it on the website, at least not the actual tariffs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bills/article-4606896/Eon-s-tariff-guarantees-100-average.html
    I've done that (got a quote) and it's come up with my current package.

This offer is obviously not a package in itself, but just something they're doing with existing packages.

Morning poppasmurf_bewdley.

This is our recently released Cap and Track tariff. At the moment, it's only available through our website or phone channels. It's not on the comparison sites yet. This is something we're working on.

It's a bit different from the tariffs we've offered before. It's a fixed tariff with unit prices and standing charges guaranteed not to increase above set levels for the duration of the agreement. Prices, though, could come down. What we do is track the market and review prices every 3 months. If the average price has gone down, we'll lower the unit rates. They could also go up but will never go above the original quoted price for the duration of the contract.

At the moment, it's only available to Dual Fuel customers who pay with a Monthly Direct Debit. We're looking into an electricity only version. Our usual discounts (paperless billing and dual fuel) don't apply but lower standing charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit is still there. There are no exit fees for changing supplier.

It's a brand new tariff and not related to our existing offers. More details are available on our website. For the time being, you'll need to manually compare your quote with the rest of the market as listed on the independent comparison sites.

Hope this explains poppasmurf_bewdley.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    molerat wrote: »

molerat wrote: »
    It gives me 3 tariffs, Saver V10, Cap&Track and SV but I am not a current customer. If I am logged into my account it will not quote me, maybe because my account is not closed and billed.

That's right molerat. For prices, you'll need to go through the quote tool. The unit rates and daily standing charges can be found in the Tariff Information Label near the bottom of the product description after choosing 'Review.'

Odd you're only seeing the three tariffs you mention. Our Fixed 1 Year version 22 should be there too. It doesn't matter that you're not a customer. All the tariffs we currently have available are for both new and existing customers.

If your old account hasn't fully closed due to an incomplete change of supplier (we spoke about this recently on another thread), this will stop you using the quote tool when logged into your online account. Once fully closed and billed, you'll be able to use the quote tool again. For the time being, if you go through our website without logging in, you'll be able to find the prices by using the quote tool there.

Hope this explains molerat.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Only available on dual fuel.

That's right SpotlandRules. As above, at the moment, our new Cap and Track tariff is only available for Dual Fuel customers paying with a Monthly Direct Debit. We're working on an electricity only version. Any developments around this will appear on our website first.

Malc
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Rates finally look somewhat decent for me. Still more than "roll a six for a bill ltd." I'm currently with, but close enough to tempt me.
    Almost.

Loss of the £30 dual fuel and paperless discounts pushes it over my £100 a year threshold, but if and when it appears on CEC, if it has £30 cashback like other E.ON tariffs I'll start a switch. If not, I have some thinking to do.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning poppasmurf_bewdley.

This is our recently released Cap and Track tariff. At the moment, it's only available through our website or phone channels. It's not on the comparison sites yet. This is something we're working on.

It's a bit different from the tariffs we've offered before. It's a fixed tariff with unit prices and standing charges guaranteed not to increase above set levels for the duration of the agreement. Prices, though, could come down. What we do is track the market and review prices every 3 months. If the average price has gone down, we'll lower the unit rates. They could also go up but will never go above the original quoted price for the duration of the contract.

At the moment, it's only available to Dual Fuel customers who pay with a Monthly Direct Debit. We're looking into an electricity only version. Our usual discounts (paperless billing and dual fuel) don't apply but lower standing charges for paying with a Monthly Direct Debit is still there. There are no exit fees for changing supplier.

It's a brand new tariff and not related to our existing offers. More details are available on our website. For the time being, you'll need to manually compare your quote with the rest of the market as listed on the independent comparison sites.

Hope this explains poppasmurf_bewdley.

Malc

Hmm, it all seems a bit ambiguous, to me and as molerat says, designed to fool the hard of thinking.
    Eon's new tariff will always be £100 cheaper than the average - but should you switch?

Cheaper than the always? average? what? I'm never going to be average and it's almost £100 more expensive than my current tariff.

See highighted - Prices would therefore have to fall for them to go up again, (albeit, not above the quoted tariff price). I honestly don't believe prices are going to be so mobile or fall to a huge extent, in the next year.

Who is expecting prices to fall dramatically in the current climate? There's talk of prices rising with the current political state / Brexit etc. It is only speculation, though. But i would certainly be looking for a longer fix again if i saw a very competitive deal.

With this new tariff still almost £100 more expensive than my current tariff, and £3 more expensive than the Fixed v10 1 year tariff, (including discounts,) the difference is negligible, and I would be tempted to opt for whatever version was around at the time, in preference, (depending on cost).

I'm glad i still have 13 months remaining on my current tariff, but i shall be watching to see what happens. I personally feel it's maybe a slightly cheaper tariff, with uncertain benefits and added administration.

Have a good weekend, Malc :D
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Rates finally look somewhat decent for me. Still more than "roll a six for a bill ltd." I'm currently with, but close enough to tempt me.
    Almost.

Loss of the £30 dual fuel and paperless discounts pushes it over my £100 a year threshold, but if and when it appears on CEC, if it has £30 cashback like other E.ON tariffs I'll start a switch. If not, I have some thinking to do.

Adding this tariff to the independent comparison sites is something we're looking at Raxiel.

We use an impartial third party index to track the market and set the price. We re-price the tariff each day and then take an average every 3 months. Consequently, we need to make sure the tariff prices can be updated daily through channels like the comparison sites. We're working on a solution and will make an announcement once it's in place. I'm afraid, I don't have a timeframe yet.

Glad we've given you something to think about Raxiel.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure