IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN appeal

Hi Guys,

I require some help. My wife paid and displayed in a car park but unfortunately the ticket flip upside down when she shut the door and then received a PCN. The car park is overseen by Elite Management (EM) and she appealed against the parking charge before I managed to speak to hear....:(

So as you can imagine EM have rejected the appeal and sent her a POPLA number. The also sent through evidence of someone else's PCN which had also flipped over so it must be a common occurrence. My question is I've read through the forum and the Newbie thread but I need some help compiling a letter as I can't seem to find a template which is relevant.

If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction that would be really helpful. The land owner displays a telephone number not an email so should I still call them?

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    a nice breach of data protection , sending personal info about someone else , perhaps they should be reported for this
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You should complain to the BPA, Trading Standards, and DVLA about the breach of DPA.

There are no PoPLA templates so you read the POPLA Decisions thread plus Post 3 of the NEWBIES thread and select the parts of the most recent successful appeals that are similar to your case. Post up your draft here when you have done so.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Guys,

I require some help. My wife paid and displayed in a car park but unfortunately the ticket flip upside down when she shut the door and then received a PCN. The car park is overseen by Elite Management (EM) and she appealed against the parking charge before I managed to speak to hear....:(

So as you can imagine EM have rejected the appeal and sent her a POPLA number. The also sent through evidence of someone else's PCN which had also flipped over so it must be a common occurrence. My question is I've read through the forum and the Newbie thread but I need some help compiling a letter as I can't seem to find a template which is relevant.

If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction that would be really helpful. The land owner displays a telephone number not an email so should I still call them?

Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.

I will send you a pm as I'd like to help.

I just wrote a POPLA appeal for a fellow footie fan which was regarding the same issue (different firm) so I may be able to adapt it if you can show me the PCN, signs and rejection letter and tell me if your wife appealed saying who was driver, or was the driver not admitted?

You could call the landowner and complain and ask if they have any scope to waive this charge.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Currently in the same position as you after a passenger went back to the car part way through the day to get a coat and slammed the boot moving the ticket from the dashboard to the passenger seat apparently. They still had the receipt visible on the dashboard (had the date, time and amount paid on it!) and they've still issued the PCN. Have just started the appeal and now have to wait. Will be interested to hear how you get on (different company but same situation). Drivers can do no more than pay and place it in the right place face up. Hope it doesn't turn into an expensive day out.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Currently in the same position as you after a passenger went back to the car part way through the day to get a coat and slammed the boot moving the ticket from the dashboard to the passenger seat apparently. They still had the receipt visible on the dashboard (had the date, time and amount paid on it!) and they've still issued the PCN. Have just started the appeal and now have to wait. Will be interested to hear how you get on (different company but same situation). Drivers can do no more than pay and place it in the right place face up. Hope it doesn't turn into an expensive day out.

Please stop hijacking other people's threads then - you clearly agreed not to as part of your signup!

Have a good read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to see the range of options open to you and start your own thread for more detailed help and advice specific to your situation!
  • Hi, I've just signed up today as in a similar situation. Not sure whether I'm meant to start a new thread or how to do this? Don't want to break any rules of etiquette on jumping on someone else's thread....
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not sure whether I'm meant to start a new thread or how to do this? Don't want to break any rules of etiquette on jumping on someone else's thread....

This was all covered in the basic posting/board guide you confirmed that you had read and understood as part of your signup.

Maybe its time to actually go and look at it now?

Otherwise, the Newbies Sticky is you next stop - it contains all the most current info on how to get shot of these chancers.
  • Thanks Coupon-mad. Appreciate your assistance. I will PM you with all the scanned evidence.

Thanks again.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I will send you a pm as I'd like to help.

I just wrote a POPLA appeal for a fellow footie fan which was regarding the same issue (different firm) so I may be able to adapt it if you can show me the PCN, signs and rejection letter and tell me if your wife appealed saying who was driver, or was the driver not admitted?

You could call the landowner and complain and ask if they have any scope to waive this charge.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So as you can imagine EM have rejected the appeal and sent her a POPLA number. The also sent through evidence of someone else's PCN which had also flipped over so it must be a common occurrence.

I got your message and will look at this for you, but can you also show me the rejection letter and the 'evidence of someone else's PCN'(?) and what did the first appeal you sent actually say? Just want to be sure the one I wrote in another case suits yours with a couple of tweaks.

The rejection letter is relevant and to consider whether the keeper appealed or the admitted driver did. The signs are interesting as they don't state how/which way up the P&D ticket has to be displayed and the small print among other brighter and bigger wording, looks similar to the sign criticised in Excel v Cutts.

All worth a decent POPLA appeal but please contact me again; I assume the rejection letter was only from a week or so ago, and that you have plenty of time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sent you both this morning. Luckily we haven't admitted who the driver, just the registered keeper.

Thanks.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I got your message and will look at this for you, but can you also show me the rejection letter and the 'evidence of someone else's PCN'(?) and what did the first appeal you sent actually say? Just want to be sure the one I wrote in another case suits yours with a couple of tweaks.

The rejection letter is relevant and to consider whether the keeper appealed or the admitted driver did. The signs are interesting as they don't state how/which way up the P&D ticket has to be displayed and the small print among other brighter and bigger wording, looks similar to the sign criticised in Excel v Cutts.

All worth a decent POPLA appeal but please contact me again; I assume the rejection letter was only from a week or so ago, and that you have plenty of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure