• Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 June 2014 at 3:48PM
    TAB Criss Cross Collection 6

Win a Vauxhall Adam

Answer:- SMITH

Entry Form

The online entry form states that the closing date is 17th July, but the entry form in the mag and the front page of the Criss Cross comps on the website state the 14th Aug. I'm assuming it's a typo on the online entry form.

The T&C's in the back of the mag don't mention anything about transferring the car into another name, so I'll leave it up to people if they want to enter.

Winner from issue 3 is Mrs Jill Walton, Preston.

Good luck! :)

The mag states that the comp is being run in conjunction with other mags in the range. I have checked the other "collection" mags and they seem to have the same comp listed, so people who buy them, it might be worth checking if it's the same puzzle. Here is a scan copy of it. I hope they are not combining these mags now!

swy3ih.jpg
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    hi abba i dont know which is correct my form shows this

Issue 6: Closing date 17 July 2014
    What goes around-comes around
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 June 2014 at 3:53PM
    hi abba i dont know which is correct my form shows this

Issue 6: Closing date 17 July 2014

you've got the right form, it's a typo with the end date.

The main screen where you search for the mag shows the 14th Aug.

2gu0bqp.jpg
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 June 2014 at 6:48PM
    TAB Criss Cross Collection 6

Win a Vauxhall Adam

Answer:- SMITH

Entry Form

The online entry form states that the closing date is 17th July, but the entry form in the mag and the front page of the Criss Cross comps on the website state the 14th Aug. I'm assuming it's a typo on the online entry form.

The T&C's in the back of the mag don't mention anything about transferring the car into another name, so I'll leave it up to people if they want to enter.

Winner from issue 3 is Mrs Jill Walton, Preston.

Good luck! :)

The mag states that the comp is being run in conjunction with other mags in the range. I have checked the other "collection" mags and they seem to have the same comp listed, so people who buy them, it might be worth checking if it's the same puzzle. Here is a scan copy of it. I hope they are not combining these mags now!

swy3ih.jpg

This is also the comp / answer for this month's TAB Wordsearches Collection, and the entry form (and comp page in magazine) states 14 August 2014 as the closing date.

Online entry for Word Searches collection also has 14 Aug as end date:

Word Searches Collection
    Issue 6 Word Searches Collection : 12 June 2014
    Competition closing date 14 August 2014

ETA - the online system let me enter the answer for both 'Collection' mags - I presume that it's one entry per mag, not one entry for the whole comp? (Won't post the comp post details for Word Searches Collection, until I have an answer for this :) )
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    WIN A VAUXHALL ADAM

Every once in a while TAB run a comp for a big prize across ALL the mags. At the end of 2011 the prize was a Corsa (and was won by a MSE comper). There is a single prize shared across all the mags and the same puzzle will appear in all of them.
    You can enter once for each mag thus gaining multiple entries.

The mags on sale 12/06 are the first to feature the prize, but some mags that I expect will include the prize will not be on sale until 03/07, so I believe that 14/08 is the correct ending date.
  • caleuaj
    caleuaj Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Same competition in TAB Hide'n'Seek.
    Closing date 14th August 2014.

Good luck to all who enter.:):)
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    caleuaj wrote: »

Thank you, adding link

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2014/Hide_N_Seek/6
  • Biker*Chick
    Biker*Chick Posts: 10,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 June 2014 at 12:02AM
    One-Eye wrote: »
    WIN A VAUXHALL ADAM

Every once in a while TAB run a comp for a big prize across ALL the mags. At the end of 2011 the prize was a Corsa (and was won by a MSE comper). There is a single prize shared across all the mags and the same puzzle will appear in all of them.
    You can enter once for each mag thus gaining multiple entries.

The mags on sale 12/06 are the first to feature the prize, but some mags that I expect will include the prize will not be on sale until 03/07, so I believe that 14/08 is the correct ending date.
    caleuaj wrote: »

Hope you don't mind me double-checking :o, but is it always an identical answer for each/every mag which features a specific comp in this way?

i.e. Vauxhall Adam = SMITH ??

=^._.^= You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats =^._.^=

hhzx4pbze7c9.gif
  • caleuaj
    caleuaj Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    The competition in TAB Hide'n'Seek is the same as the one in abbas posting for the Criss cross and the solution is the same (SMITH)

I didn't post the answer in my original post as I know someone posts
    this on a regular basis.
  • JessicAhh
    JessicAhh Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    T-A-B Wordsearches Collection issue 6

http://www.puzzlemagazines.co.uk/competition-entry-form/2014/Word_Searches_Collection/6

Win a Vauxhall Adam – Answer = SMITH

THIS IS ALSO POSTED IN THE PHONE / POSTAL ENTRY THREAD; PLEASE DON'T DUPE YOURSELF, AS YOU CAN ONLY ENTER BY ONE METHOD :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure