Dropping from Sky's Full package to the lowest priced pack....

Options
I've decided enough is enough. £65 for the sky package is just far too much. I've ordered a Roku box and as we already have a now TV subscription for upstairs it can run alongside that as the 2nd user.

What sort of deal should I be looking for? I know that the cheapest pack is £21.50 per month, I'm hoping to spend about half that, hopefully for 12 months, 6 at the very least.

Also, I don't have the latest box. I still have the first non HD sky+ box (the white one) and have never upgraded. I don't even have 2 wires coming into the house so cannot record one channel and watch another.

Any chance of getting an upgrade on this?

Finally, the only thing I'm really going to miss is the F1 channel.

I know it used to be offered as a standalone channel but I'm sure I read that they stopped that. As an existing customer who has had the sky sports package since long before SSF1 began what do you think are the chances of me blagging SSF1 as a standalone channel (at extra cost of course).
[SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
[/SIZE]

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    dori2o wrote: »
    What sort of deal should I be looking for? I know that the cheapest pack is £21.50 per month, I'm hoping to spend about half that, hopefully for 12 months, 6 at the very least.
    If you simply downgrade to the cheapest pack available you will remain a Sky customer so why would Sky offer you any deal to keep your custom?
    I don't have the latest box. I still have the first non HD sky+ box (the white one) and have never upgraded. I don't even have 2 wires coming into the house so cannot record one channel and watch another.
    Sky won't be offering you a new box if you call to cancel channels.

As an existing customer who has had the sky sports package since long before SSF1 began what do you think are the chances of me blagging SSF1 as a standalone channel
    The chances of keeping this channel are nil unless you keep subscribing to Sky Sports.

If you are serious about getting a discount from Sky, you have to cancel and mean it. You don't appear to want to even threaten cancellation.
  • Muran
    Muran Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only had the basic Entertainment package at £28 a month, had discounted Multiroom too.

I cancelled MR and bought NowTV for upstairs to test it out as we wanted to lose Sky as it's too much money for us.

Called first to haggle like I always do, only offered £21 a month, I said 'No thank you, I'll cancel" They called my bluff and started the disconnection speech. I panicked and said I'll call back.

Decided definitely want to cancel, called them not expecting to haggle or for me to be given a better offer and they offered £13 a month!!! So took it, saving £15 a month on a 1 yr contract which suits us.

Don't always take first offer, they obviously don't read from a script, it's just luck who you get.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I cancelled my TV package .They had offered me half price and I said no .

I still had phone and BB with them .My BB modem had to be replaced and they wanted £70 unless I reconnected the TV .I told them to get my bill to below £30 per month for TV ,BB and phone and I would reconnect .My package costs me £31 .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport