PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

using up old newspapers

stuff scrunched up newspaper in shoes and trainers to take away any odours

scrunch it up and put it in food containers that smell of what was in there last leave overnight

crumple it in drawers or chests that smell a bit musty

if you have a smelly bit on a carpet lay the newspaper over the part and leave all day or overnight

works great on smelly loo carpets, how cheap is that???

;D

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thats great, i hate old containers that smell. will give that a go. thanks.
  • Theres a wooden tool you can use to mould sheets of newpapers into pots for seedlings, I was lucky enough to pick one up in charity shop for a £1, but I think they sell for about £8. If you have an open fire, you can get one of those kits - i think they are about £20 and they compress the paper into 'bricks' that take a while to burn.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i got one of the ones to make bricks at a jumble sale (for 25p but dont tell anyone). its fab now i've scleaned the fire. ;)thanks cathy.
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    how did the fire turn out?? did you get the zebo
    cos that makes a hell of a differnce to the look of the fire
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    shredded or torn into strips and put at the base of plants and between plants with soil over the top it discourages weeds and helps the plants grow as well

great in compost in layers

;D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    how did the fire turn out?? did you get the zebo
    cos that makes a hell of a differnce to the look of the fire

got zebo from local ironmongers (he has everything!!) four buckets of minging water, 232 spiders (possible exaggeration there!!), but it looks fab now, your right that stuff really does make a difference. and when the glass wouldn't come clean, rubbed with lemon juice, left and rinsed, and rubbed with newspaper.. sparkling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure