Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    shafeeq wrote: »
    1.92 kwh today. ....

Did me again i-hate-you-smiley-emoticon.gif
    1.2 kWh today; 0.16kWp less than he that shall remain name less smiley-laughing021.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • k66
    k66 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, 3.448 kWh for us today, had a weekend away from home and missed watching Sunny Beam:wink:.
    Dug out the travel kettle to use whilst generation is low, every little (saving) helps.
    :hello:
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    2.02kWh for me.
    Sun came out at 16.00 for a while
    Far too late for my panels....they were just starting to doze off:rotfl:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya boys and girls. Haven't posted results for a while. Been sulking - lots of days with sun forecast for each and every hour, but all came and went with about 1/3 of expected generation (no surprises there, will join Eric for a sulk and a moan about forecasts). At least it's been dry.

So below average days most of last week, and estimate for month has slipped down to 104%, but still good, fingers crossed for last 4 days.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • 1.5 kWh today.

Thank God for Oscargrouch. :happyhear
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    (no surprises there, will join Eric for a sulk and a moan about forecasts). At least it's been dry.
    Mart.

I don't usually 'sulk' about weather forecasts - just like to muse about their errors (which I guess could be seen as moaning).

It's actually been dry now for a couple of weeks (I'm just as obsessed with monitoring water levels in my tanks as I am generation).

I'm not one of those people who blame the forecasters for 'giving' us undesirable weather (not that I'm suggesting anyone else here is); I'd just like to think that with all the cash spent on generating forecasts it's quite reasonable to expect a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Today's generation was 3.76 kWh (passing my ISA test) and month to date figures extrapolated to month end suggest I can expect 93.5% of my (recently revised) PVGIS 'entitlement for Feb - but even that is well over twice the ISA cost.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya Eric, actually I'm with you on that. I'm moaning about the fact that they don't seem able (through no fault of their own) to give accurate forecasts anymore.

Till late 2011 I could guesstimate generation for a week ahead from the forecast, then replace with actual generation. The forecasts were pretty damn close.

Now I'm generating 3 on days I expect 15, and vice versa. Ho hum.

BTW 'joining you for a sulk and a moan' was a laugh at my expense, not yours.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17100224

Guess that ZX Spectrum has run it's course.

Forecasting has seemed more off than usual the last 18 months or so..any conspiracy theories?
  • 3.6 kWp inverter North side of Thames estuary facing SE on 30 degree roof:

kWh
    10.31 18/02 Monday
    14.57 19/02 Tuesday
    03.61 20/02 Wednesday
    01.97 21/02 Thursday
    02.03 22/02 Friday
    03.99 23/02 Saturday
    01.36 24/02 Sunday

Tuesday was a perfect day, by chance so was the 19th February last year; however last year's reading was 15.01- I wonder if the drop in performance is significant.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 February 2013 at 4:14PM
    Got our final fit payment for the year this morning. Sent fit reading by e-mail to Eon on 17th, at end of day. Money was in bank this morning 8 days.

Total generation for the year is 1822kWh.
    Total payments £849.79

After a really bad start with the pv panels because of installation hold ups and the fact that we have had the inverter changed. Firstly was going to have 2 x 1200 Sunny Boy inverters. These were not installed as electrician said they where wrong for our system. Had to have another one delivered this was a Sunny Boy 2400 and have electrician come back to wire up. Several weeks later this was changed to one Sunny boy 1200 inverter and 2 x 600 Steccas because of having the panels installed on 2 different levels and shading issues. The whole installation took around 2 weeks before we were up and running properly. We have quite a lot of shading issues over the winter period so all in all we think the generation figure was not too bad for us.

£849.79 Fit payments for one year

£192.00 Electricity payments 12 x £16.00
    £000.00 Gas turned off
    £192.00 Water (metered)
    £145.50 TV licence
    £299.00 Buildings and contents insurance

£828.50 Total
    £ 21.29 left over

Just to explain regarding no gas usage and very low electricity use. Gas supply turned off because we have a multi fuel burning stove in living room which supplies hot water and heats 10 radiators. Also have a wood burning cooker so electricity useage is very low. We have low wattage bulbs all over the house, even in the understairs cuboard and in the loft. No dishwasher and only have the washing machine on twice a week (average).

During the summer months we use a small portable cooker with oven/grill and 2 rings or a slow cooker for cooking. This uses the electricity generated by the solars.

So all in all we are very pleased with the income the solars have generated. As posted they have covered all our bills except the Council Tax and our car.

Edwink ;)
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback