recommended tent you can stand up in?

Hi

I'm after a 4 berth tent (1 bedroom to fit 2 adults and 2 kids) but with a living space/porch area that is big enough to stand up in. The tent we've currently got is too low for this and our backs ached after a weekend of crouching down! Can anybody recommend one at a low price? Was thinking of perhaps trying an argos one but unsure.

Many thanks

Comments

• miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya

We bought a Vango Icarus 500 from Outdoor world last year

this one : http://www.outdoorworld.co.uk/vango-icarus-500-tent-p-1916.html

It was £129 last year!!

There are only 3 of us but we were advised by friends who camp regularly to go for a 5, which this is. I would say 2 adults and 2 children would be just right sleeping in it. We used blow up beds.

We specifically chose a tunnel shaped tent as it gives a high ceiling. Also VERY easy to put up.
  • try the Standing room 100 tent! All the room you could want and then some. ]
  • jog
    jog Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    As someone else has said I would look at tunnel tents if you want good head room.

Its worth looking at somewhere like Go outdoors / Towsure etc to get a feel for the different types, once you know which tent you want have a look on ebay etc as there are loads of tents with very little use, we have just got a new tent that was only used for one weekend and then put up for sale as they didn't like camping. The tent was less than half price what it would have been new.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure