PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cauliflower tikka masala - Jamie, Sunday Times

This is a Jamie Oliver recipe for a curried roasted whole cauli that was in the Sunday Times Magazine a few weeks ago. I've accidentally thrown the mag away and would like to make this tomorrow. I can find the ingredients on line - but not the method as you have to be a subscriber - can anyone help please?

Serves: 4
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
3 fresh red chillies
2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
1 bunch of fresh coriander
75g flaked almonds
2 tbsp tomato pur!e
Groundnut oil
2 onions
1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk
1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
1 large head of cauliflower
Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200

Comments

• EllieWellie
    EllieWellie Posts: 121
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There's a method here: http://www.caloriecount.com/cauliflower-tikka-masala-recipe-r1709738

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan till aromatic, then pop them in a food processor. Add 2 of the chillies, 1 piece of the ginger, the garlic, garam masala, paprika and most of the coriander and almonds (save some of each to serve) and blitz to a smooth paste. Add the tomato paste, season well and pulse to combine.

Finely slice the remaining ginger and chilli. Put in a casserole dish on a medium heat and add a glut of oil. Add the sliced ginger and chill an the onions. Saute for 10 minutes, till the onions are soft. Spoon in the spice paste, reduce the heat, and fry for another 10 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and tinned tomatoes, and 500 ml of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.

Pop the whole cauliflower into the dish, drizzle with oil, then transfer the casserole, lid off, to the oven. Roast for 1 hour until the cauliflower is cooked through and golden.

Toast the leftover almonds in a dry pan and chop the remaining coriander. Serve the cauliflower on a bed of rice, sprinkling over the toasted nuts and coriander.
  • downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you so much......thought I was being so good, clearing stuff away - I'll let you know what this turns out like, although I may not roast it whole, but in smaller pieces to reduce cooking time
    Downshifted

• downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Really enjoyed this recipe - recommend anyone who likes veg curries gives it a go. I added a tin of chick peas to the sauce for extra protein :-)
    Downshifted

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family