The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• Superheavy
    Superheavy Posts: 468 Forumite
    Just had the most MSE half hour I've had all year. Remembered that my car insurance normally is up at this time of year, but I hadn't had a renewal.

Checked my certificate, it expires on Friday. Renewal sent to my old address, which was changed in the summer of last year, but the new address was on their other system. Renewal offer - £447
    1/2 hour of comparing quotes, insurance is now £225.

I feel like I've been paid like a top solicitor for that half an hour!
    DFW - DEBT FREEEEEE!

Total - 10762/10762 :)

Every silver lining has its cloud.
  • fallenwiccan
    fallenwiccan Posts: 608 Forumite
    Paid £150 into our car funds savings (insurance/MOT/car tax) we have them staggered through the year and the next one due is the MOT in August and then the insurance in September. Fund is now at £425 so I'm feeling pretty good about it :)
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can get under 10k for the first time in years next payday, so darned happy right now :)

Not at the fact it's a 5 week month for me though :(
    In debt no more!
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 May 2012 at 10:59PM
    catmort wrote: »
    £30 is quite good for gym prices, provided you'll actually go (you'd be on your own, remember so would have to motivate yourself) - and is there a contract so if you're not going you can't cancel for a year? Do they do zumba classes at the gym? If so then I'd go for it. Health is really important and is worth it I think (unless you really can't afford it as you could still do exercise for free).

Yes, this is already a month to month contract (£36 with slight discount through works perks), and they have classes, but I just found out they stopped zumba :eek: It's not so much a matter of afford it or not though, it's that ultimate toss up of paying the money towards debts, or paying for a 'luxury'. Exercising at home for free is always an option, but I take the class to get out the house, and just now Zumba is literally the only night out I ever get!

Jemma - I don't know how you find the time to hold look after everyone (Real and virtual!) but it's lovely that you remember everyone! :)
  • suzitiger
    suzitiger Posts: 947 Forumite
    Hi I was just lurking and read about your gym dialemma (gosh how do you spell this?) Minicooper272 stick with what you are doing, if your Zumba class is more social aswell it will be better for you to do that rather than join the gym I think. I think walking is a pretty good form of excercise because its free and if you do it fast you can burn off lots of calories, almost as many as running :-) do that instead as well as your Zumba. :)
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    Just a quickie from me, car payment came out today so have a new total:

#304 £1,986.66/£5,210.12 (38.13%)
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • NicoleWild
    NicoleWild Posts: 60 Forumite
    Really peeved off this morning.

I sold some stuff so I can put the extra dosh into my account to cover the bills that come out on friday, taking into account that a parent should be paying me £97 on monday which is the main bulk of it.

Though she spoke to me last night and said "Tax credits haven't started paying the money in yet and if I pay you in full this week it means I'm proper skint myself, can I give you half now and the rest next week?"

Dipshit here said yes, I 'm not very good at being assertive.

So now that means I don't have enough money to pay my bills tomorrow.

I've had this problem since she started 3 weeks ago, social serivces paid for 4 weeks for him to be in my care, so she had four weeks to either sort it out or save enough money to keep paying me whilst TC sort her out some childcare money.

Anyway rant over, won't be making any payments to debt for three weeks trying to save extra money to pay these bloody bills that isn't going to happen
  • fallenwiccan
    fallenwiccan Posts: 608 Forumite
    NicoleWild wrote: »
    Really peeved off this morning.

I sold some stuff so I can put the extra dosh into my account to cover the bills that come out on friday, taking into account that a parent should be paying me £97 on monday which is the main bulk of it.

Though she spoke to me last night and said "Tax credits haven't started paying the money in yet and if I pay you in full this week it means I'm proper skint myself, can I give you half now and the rest next week?"

Dipshit here said yes, I 'm not very good at being assertive.

So now that means I don't have enough money to pay my bills tomorrow.

I've had this problem since she started 3 weeks ago, social serivces paid for 4 weeks for him to be in my care, so she had four weeks to either sort it out or save enough money to keep paying me whilst TC sort her out some childcare money.

Anyway rant over, won't be making any payments to debt for three weeks trying to save extra money to pay these bloody bills that isn't going to happen

Hugs, go back to her and say your situation has changed and you need to pay for things being used whilst he's in your care. You obviously use gas and electric whilst he's in the house so it is true. It's hard when you know you're having problems yourself but your business shouldn't impact your home if that makes sense.

Hope you figure something out.
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Paid £150 into our car funds savings (insurance/MOT/car tax) we have them staggered through the year and the next one due is the MOT in August and then the insurance in September. Fund is now at £425 so I'm feeling pretty good about it :)

Kerri I think this could be an inspiration for next week, where can you squeeze more money from. A review of bills, tax code, Child tax credits. We all seem to be doing it in the last few days.

Nicole, its never easy. These things are sent to test us!
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Payday today and my total is now........

001: £9,514.37 / £16736.45 56.85% :j:j:j

Hope you're all having a great day despite the rain...

I can't wait to work our the total for May so lets get cracking with these payments!!!! xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family