Avoid Lovefilm!

Although I've been posting in the other thread about Lovefilm in the other forum, I'm so frustrated I need to make a new thread. Basically I phoned to cancel my account and was told it was cancelled. A month later I've been sent an e-mail saying I've been referred to a debt collection agency as they can't charge my card (I lost the one on account you see) even though I was told by customer services my account was cancelled. So now I've been sent a letter by the debt people and owe them £43, £30 of which is a fee from the debt people. Do they think I would leave my account open for a month and not rent a single dvd. I've contacted their customer services who've told me to contact the debt people, the debt people have told me to contact lovefilm, they're both bone idle. I've refused to pay for their incompetence and have sent an e-mail to the head of the company, other people have done this and he has sorted it for them. This has happened to a lot of people, if you just search for 'lovefilm debt' on google you will see how many. It's a lot worse for other people though who have been asked to pay £500. Although I suspect it will get sorted my name probably won't be taken off the bad credit register. Just avoid them at all costs and try to find an online rental service that isn't owned by them as lots of them are. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• dubs_2
    dubs_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    i think you can actually by law ask them to ensure the bad credit entry is removed if their !!!! up has caused it to be created, can anyone shed more light im just repetaing what ive heard elsewhere

greg
  • motch
    motch Posts: 429 Forumite
    I'm currently trying to get throuh to lovefilm to cancel a free trial - on a 0870 number - 30 minutes so far! do they actually staff their phones on a weekend or are they just ripping me off with no one actually there? :mad:
  • motch
    motch Posts: 429 Forumite
    Been trying to get through to lovefilm for three quarters of an hour :mad:

going to have to hang up......:mad:
  • motch wrote:
    Been trying to get through to lovefilm for three quarters of an hour :mad:

going to have to hang up......:mad:

Hi Motch

You should be able to cancel online now, i did it this morning (21/10).

https://www.sobroadband.com - 3MB via next generation wireless WiMax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport