~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Comments

• MarsdenCuckoo
    MarsdenCuckoo Posts: 2,741 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Norz wrote: »
    May I make a suggestion? I think it would be really handy to have a bit on the first page for how to register your business on line iwth Avon. When you click on the link you get asked for a user name and password which hasn't been set up yet and it's confusing, well it confused me anyway. It's only when you "X" off that bit that you get the registration page. We could also flag up the training guides once you have registered particularly how to order on line on the system for new reps.

What do you think?

Good idea to include any/all suggestions on the first page but am wondering if with your particular suggestion your sign-up wasn't done correctly - or maybe I'm the one out of sync....

Whenever I do a sign-up I make sure the newbie registers on-line whilst I'm there so I can guide them through what you've said above. I then suggest they log off and back on again just to make sure they're happy how to access their website and all the information there.

Is that what other SLs do?
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • MandG
    MandG Posts: 24 Forumite
    Whenever I do a sign-up I make sure the newbie registers on-line whilst I'm there so I can guide them through what you've said above. I then suggest they log off and back on again just to make sure they're happy how to access their website and all the information there.

Is that what other SLs do?

I was signed up by ASM and left to muddle my way through. I doubt that she knows who I am two years down the line.

I'm guessing that I'm not alone and a how to guide would have been very handy.
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,716 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    i am possibly getting some more territory soon if the 2 ladies currently doing these areas do not put in order today. This will be the 3rd campaign they will have missed. Is this normal for ASM to pass territory on after quite a short period of time? She also mentioned a few people closer to me not doing much in sales and possible only doing friends and family so may get closer territory which would be great. She also mentions perhaps i might like to look into becoming a SL myself but i said i would have to look into this. Guess i will be asking you lovely lot a few more questions over the next little while, plus also reading back through old threads. I will oneday earn enough to clear some of my debts!
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    MandG wrote: »
    I was signed up by ASM and left to muddle my way through. I doubt that she knows who I am two years down the line.

Oh dear, yes you're deffo not on your own. Two years ago though the appointing system was different. We were all supposed to do separate T1 and T2 visits (first to sign you up, second one to train you how to input your orders) as well as ad hoc contact for ongoing support. ASMs quite often do the T1 and T2 in the same visit to cut down on their time and, as you say, unless you have a problem and need their help for some reason, it's quite likely you won't ever meet them again. :eek:
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    slm6002 wrote: »
    i am possibly getting some more territory soon if the 2 ladies currently doing these areas do not put in order today. This will be the 3rd campaign they will have missed. Is this normal for ASM to pass territory on after quite a short period of time? She also mentioned a few people closer to me not doing much in sales and possible only doing friends and family so may get closer territory which would be great. She also mentions perhaps i might like to look into becoming a SL myself but i said i would have to look into this. Guess i will be asking you lovely lot a few more questions over the next little while, plus also reading back through old threads. I will oneday earn enough to clear some of my debts!

Yes, missing two clear campaigns, usually means an ASM will withdraw territory and re-issue it. All depends on whether the rep is hitting their targets for their territory though too e.g. if they're PC then the ASMs tend to leave them alone.

Some ASMs will email the rep to let them know that unless they place an order in the next campaign they will lose their territory but I gather others just do it without any reference to the rep.

If you're confident about running your own Avon business and have the support of your upliner (invaluable to help you get leads) then I'd say go for SLship; it's a great time to try it as they've increased all the bonuses at every level from C14 to C1.
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,716 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    thanks for that advice. If i go for SL and do not get on with it can i go back to just being a normal rep?
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • MandG wrote: »

I was exactly the same! Must say that I do the same as MC when doing sign ups for newbies. I have just finished putting together a 'training and hints and tips' manual for any new signs ups I do. It should let people have a refernce for after I have done the training and they are on their own (although I am always available for my team).
    Incidentally - just had my first reply to job ad posted on Gumtree!!!! :rotfl:
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    slm6002 wrote: »
    thanks for that advice. If i go for SL and do not get on with it can i go back to just being a normal rep?

Yes, but it will cost you £25 for your 'Business in a Bag' (SL bag, CD rom, guidance notes, badge, etc.). That also includes Avon changing your website and setting up your Personal Recruiting Page. Your upliner should pay everything for your first few sign-ups - hopefully enough to get you qualified - so theoretically your first SL commission more than compensates you for the £25
  • Hi All

I need some help please regarding when the 100 brochure PC price starts please. I have just looked and to get to Established Presidents status I need to sell £881.00 in 5 campaigns and for Associate status I need £99.25 in 4 campaigns. I will be placing my C14 order on Tuesday and so far have £300 in orders. I have made associate finally!

Anyway my question is when will the cheaper brochure prices happen. I will be ordering my C16 brochures with this order and would love to buy 100 but what will I be charged?

Many thanks

Tammy x
  • MarsdenCuckoo
    edited 25 August 2011 at 10:37AM
    tammykel75 wrote: »
    Hi All

I need some help please regarding when the 100 brochure PC price starts please. I have just looked and to get to Established Presidents status I need to sell £881.00 in 5 campaigns and for Associate status I need £99.25 in 4 campaigns. I will be placing my C14 order on Tuesday and so far have £300 in orders. I have made associate finally!

Anyway my question is when will the cheaper brochure prices happen. I will be ordering my C16 brochures with this order and would love to buy 100 but what will I be charged?

Many thanks

Tammy x

Hi Tammy,

Well done. The PC pack price clicks in from when you achieve Associate PC status. If am reading your post correctly, means it will be your campaign after this one i.e. once you have had £6,500 worth of sales invoiced to you from when you started.

Hope that helps.

Cx

PS: Always worth checking if I'm wrong though..... once you have sufficient orders try inputting 20 packs of books and see what the invoiced price to you would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure