MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• x_missymoo_x
    Options
    shorty1978 wrote: »
    Hello everyone and welcome to all new peeps :)

Due date for me tomorrow and not long back from the midwife. Baby not fully engaged still so no sign of anything starting as yet. I'm happy to wait now until after xmas day.

Carrot- I don't carry my notes anywhere. I probably should but sadly I don't. Hope everything is ok with the twins!!

Happy christmas eve eve to all

Hope you manage to have a great Christmas without baby making an appearance :)
  • Tilly_dreams
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm 26+3 now so guessing it's about time I joined this thread if that's ok! I'm expecting a baby girl and my due date is 28th March.

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL, it's been a hectic time as it's been my wedding anniversary, birthday and then obvs preparing for Christmas!

I'm having an unexpected day off work today as I had a little bit of bleeding this morning :o I called the maternity unit and they said to wear a pad to keep an eye on it and I only need to go in if I get any more bleeding, any pain or reduced movement. Luckily I haven't had of those things, baby was really active this morning but quieter so far this afternoon (just got a fizzy drink to wake her up though!). Fingers crossed it was just a one off but you can't help but worry!

I had a bit of drama a couple of weeks too when I fell over at home (following Danielle-y's lead!). Luckily I fell on my bum - I still rang the hospital and my midwife but I didn't get checked out that time as baby was active. I ached so much the next day though! My midwife's been round this morning and baby's heartbeat was good - you could even hear her kicking which was lovely :)

But please can everything be plain sailing from now on?!

Hi Missymoo! I had a Next sale slot yesterday afternoon and I'm 'guilty' of spending quite a lot too though! The baby clothes are so cheap at half price and so lovely I couldn't resist! Most of the stuff I ordered was age 3-6 months as I have quite a bit of 0-3 months already. It's crazy to think 3-6 months will be June to August next summer, life will be so different to how it is now!

Hi Carrot! I hope you're at the hospital now and alls ok with your girls, I bet they're just having a lazy day too but worth getting checked out. I do take my maternity notes to work as it's about an hour away from my home in the opposite direction from my hospital but I usually just leave them in my car. I get the impression you're using public transport if you have to carry them? I'm not very good at remembering to take them on shorter trips out but I'm not usually that far from home if I need them.

Anyways, hope everyones feeling well and has a lovely Christmas! X
  • Timeflies
    Options
    Welcome carrot34 Trixsie1989 and Tilly dreams :beer:

No, I don't take my notes around with me - I do take them if I'm more than half an hour away from home, but I rarely am!

My mum was asking would I take my hospital bag with me on Christmas Day, bit I'll only be ten minutes from home, and will have some last minute things to throw in, so no. Unless contractions have already started I guess, and I'm just racing to get my Christmas dinner in before proceedings really kick off!:rotfl:

I'm kind of hoping baby will wait for a few days after Christmas now :), although practically feeling quite ready after getting more jobs done at home.

Hope everyone manages to avoid hospital and pregnancy dramas over the next few days, and has some time to relax :xmassmile
  • Always_Alone
    Options
    Hi ladies :j
    I'm finally taking the plunge and joining the big girls group!!

Am currently 26+4 with blue bubba number #2 on board!! I have a just turned 3 year old ds already and looking forward to completing our little family with the arrival of this one.

Lovely to see some familiar names jumping up with me, all feels a little bit real and scary now!!

Will read back and post again when I can but Carrot, hope your girls are doing ok (and you of course!!)

I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a very merry christmas - with an excitable toddler on a Santa watch I don't know if I'll make it back online before! Hope any festive babies that are due over the nxt few days don't keep you waiting for too long!!
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I don't carry my notes, I asked my midwife & she said I should take them everywhere with me, in that case that should make them A5 size & in a hard back book, mine are a A4 file which is already looking tatty after just taking them to the few appointments I've had so far. I mentioned leave g tgem in the car but she said not to do that so I don't really know how they expect you to always carry them with you!

Hope everything is ok with you & the girls Carrott!

Incase I don't get on before, working a long day tomorrow, I hope you all have s wonderful christmas & a very happy and exciting new year! xx
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Hello everyone! :wave:

I am coming to join this big girls thread as I am 24 weeks today! :j
    Due on 15th April and another Team Yellow!!!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • shorty1978
    Options
    Welcome to Tilly_Dreams, Always_Alone & Aunty-Pickle for the last thread on your pregnancy journey!

Happy due date to me.... Won't be happening today i'm pretty sure of that. Bump is still very high and I've not even had any signs at all. Baby still wriggling like crazy tho so as long as all ok there i'm happy to wait. Would like it to be soon after xmas day tho- sweep penciled in for Tuesday and i'd rather not have it. OH is very impatient and keeps trying to talk baby in to coming out. Told him I'd rather not be in hospital on Xmas day!!!!

Wishing you best of luck with your induction freshstart11
    Also hoping to hear a good update from you too Timeflies over the next few days

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas and exciting 2015.

Will update with any news when I have some
  • Carrot34
    Options
    Hi all

The girls are good. They were unable to find one of the heart beats initially. Longest 25mins of my life waiting for the consultant to come down. But got fully checked out and had a fetal monitor on for a few hours as well as scans. They are ok and growing well but need to keep track of their movements and go back if any changes again.
    The hospital were brilliant.

I will from now on be carrying my notes with me to work. Unfortunately I work a long way from home (and hospital) so looks like I will be carrying them with me. They are an A4 folder but they are heavy because full of papers and extra folders etc.

Merry christmas to you all and thanks for your kind wishes.

After christmas it is operation buy everything for babies - very exciting!!!
  • Timeflies
    Options
    Just a quick one - Halfords have 10% off online til the end of tomorrow, in case anyone wanted a car seat or car seat base.

I've been looking for 3 months and never found the car seat base we want reduced at all - it's the same price in John Lewis, Mothercare, Halfords, Kiddicare, Amazon, even when they have sales and promtions, this is never included... so just ordered it with the 10% off. Now it may be in the January sales cheaper, but I don't know if it's the kind of thing they discount... so at least we saved a bit!

Welcome Always+Alone and Aunty Pickle :T
  • Lotti1982
    Options
    Happy Christmas everyone, fingers crossed all babies will hold on until tomorrow, none of us want to spend today in hospital. Xx
    Planning to be debt free by 11/20. MFW Jan 2028 - [STRIKE]86700[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]83057.20[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]81629.13[/STRIKE] 78761.29 mortgage should end August 2045 now 04/2041
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure