PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    You mean the vendor finding a way to tell you "Look you can (just about) see I'm slim = middle class. So you will be too if you buy my house....":rotfl:
    People make up their own stories for what's shown in pictures, so if that's what you're taking from it, that's what it is.

I agree with Clutterfree, the staging is totally OTT, so I find it pretentious, but if it hits home with the target market then it's done its job.
  • SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    You mean the vendor finding a way to tell you "Look you can (just about) see I'm slim = middle class. So you will be too if you buy my house....":rotfl:
    In skinny jeans and a hoodie?
  • Davesnave
    Pic 10 - just what every master bedroom needs :rotfl:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60387787.html

...And they seem to have my out of focus sunset picture on their wall. :(Shall I sue now or after they sell? :)
    http://imgur.com/a/84xXo
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Pic 10 - just what every master bedroom needs :rotfl:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60387787.html

The washing line complete with pegs on the front garden makes me think of Nora Batty - not really the immpression they want to give.:rotfl:
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Davesnave
    The washing line complete with pegs on the front garden makes me think of Nora Batty - not really the immpression they want to give.:rotfl:
    I may be wrong, but I think that's the back garden. Streetview shows one side of the house having a door from the 'lounge' opening directly onto the street. I'd take thsat as the front, especially with all the service pipes on t'other side.
  • This link detached has been extended so much that I would say its more of a terrace now (pretty sure theres another 2 houses in the row)

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65774291.html
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I want a house with a secret door now!

https://countrylife.onthemarket.com/details/1355880/

Now that's a house!:T
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    That looks like the Wrighton kitchen I had in the mid to late 1970s
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I love looking at this thread but for some reason cant get an pics up now from right move, does anyone have any idea why please?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    I love looking at this thread but for some reason cant get an pics up now from right move, does anyone have any idea why please?

Hi bubbs! welcome to the sub-forum! Are you using Chrome or Firefox or Opera (which are both working fine for me) or another browser?

It might also depend on if you've updated your Flash add-on.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure