Argos Click and Collect Spate of Not Received?

Options
I'm a business seller and have received four not recieved cases this week...... all Argos Click and Collect orders! Unfortunately none of these were sent tracked as they were low value items. It seems really odd....... have any other sellers been having similar problems?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    I'm a business seller and have received four not recieved cases this week...... all Argos Click and Collect orders! Unfortunately none of these were sent tracked as they were low value items. It seems really odd....... have any other sellers been having similar problems?

I found Argos to be slow in scanning the parcels on occasions which resulted in a few early 'where is my item?' Emails. I have now opted out of the Argos schemes as i was getting too many time wasting buyers not bother to collect.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the reply...... these items are seriously overdue, so I don't think it's down to that.

I've been offering C&C for a while now but this recent spate of NR's seems crazy!
  • soolin
    Options
    Thanks for the reply...... these items are seriously overdue, so I don't think it's down to that.

I've been offering C&C for a while now but this recent spate of NR's seems crazy!

I have on occasions phoned Argos myself to see if they have an item but have perhaps failed to scan it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I might give that a try. Have you ever had a result?
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Just the "failed to collect" was the reason I gave up Argos.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    edited 17 October 2016 at 8:19AM
    Options
    Just the "failed to collect" was the reason I gave up Argos.

My 'not collected' got entirely out of hand- , I think it was something stupid in the end like 12 items shipped in a month and 3 items not called for and returned. One buyer tried to scam me as well by sending me a further 75p to resend the item when I got it back- knowing that the return automatically refunded him his money- so he would have got the item for 75p (I obviously refunded the 75p and raised an entirely new invoice for the full amount which he ignored).

Shame really as I was getting quite a good percentage of buyers using the Argos scheme. I would be interested though to know if our experience is unusual, and whether other people have a perfect collection rate?
    I might give that a try. Have you ever had a result?

From memory yes just once. It was a December order and Argos said they had been too busy to deal with the incoming items and promised to scan mine there and then- but they didn't. Buyer opened an INR case and I phoned the Argos team on ebay and explained - and they supposedly also phoned Argos for me and eventually it did get scanned within the next 48 hours or so. Luckily the buyer was honest and then cancelled the INR so all was well- but for a sub £10 item it was an awful lot of messing about.
  • sjbrun
    sjbrun Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    I've found with Argos click and collect the small packages go missing much more than the bigger ones, maybe they just get mis placed at argos when checking them in.

So to stop this I put all argos orders in at least an E/2 Mail lite envelope, I've had no issues since and that size still goes as a large letter.
  • ontheup1972
    Options
    I've only ever had 2 problems out of hundreds of C&C orders...

1 Buyer complained his item wasn't yet at Argos because he'd had no notification. It came through in the end, I figured that his particular store was slow at processing.

2 Item not received, checked order details and no sign of it arriving at Argos - probably lost in the post on the way, or lost at Argos.

I have found that items are no more likely to go missing on C&C than through normal post.

Does everyone know that you can actually check that the item is ready for collection/has been collected through ebay?

If anyone ever contacts you claiming no item, click on the listing they bought from, find their ebay ID in the sales, click "action" > "more actions" > "view order details" and it will tell you if the order is at Argos or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure