Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Phew!! Just got back from that huge glitch, is everyone else back yet???

I do think CBB is rather good this year. From what looked like being a really boring year with who they had going in, it is turning out rather good.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 August 2016 at 9:46PM
    Is everyone down the pub or am I missing a huge glitch?

lol

No, I'm here (as usual!) - but I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else was down the pub:rotfl::rotfl:. Thursday evenings - quite popular down pubs anyway aren't they?

I am having a chuckle at the moment about the end of my last post (currently at number 13239:eek::rotfl:). About all the problems I have finding some items and establishing precisely what M have and do not. Going out eventually to those further stores, after the first major sweep at the start of this year, I've mentioned before, did cause me to have to question and reject some of the assumptions about what was/wasn't in M that I had previously held. I don't think I can rule anything as being beyond the bounds of possibility now:rotfl::rotfl:.

However...
    I would say don't get the impression that this means everything is dodgy and dicey versus M. Most major regular items are in probably* all stores (or in the vast vast majority of them the time... in other words I'm discounting the odd single-store temporary OOS). It's just these small number of items, that have gone onto RTC, that then start becoming harder to find. Of course, easy to find once you have a store with them still in:rotfl:. This 'small number of items' each week then does add up, over time, to a larger number that I now haven't seen for ages as the stock in M changes and new items:((:rotfl:) come in. But it's still the main bulk of M is there, so there's not a general problem. Just some items occasionally, usually recent RTCs (or maybe year-old RTCs that I haven't had in a store before:rotfl:, that I've visited at the time I've visited) do slowly become in fewer stores I visit (and therefore 'harder to find') and then, at some point when they're starting to go, I start marking them with "I think not". It's based on how many (of what I've visited) they seem to be in - they seem to start off in nearly all of them or at least I keep coming across them in various stores, if not one then another, and get more and more difficult - sometimes quickly, sometimes more slowly (depends on the popularity of the offer) - although admittedly it is based on the selection of stores I happen to have visited. It does seem fairly close to the APG though.

*I can't even say they are in all stores, without having visited every one on the same day:rotfl:. Though I suspect, other than a temporary stock-out, some regular items are in 'all' stores. For example, has anyone ever got an M that never stocks loose bananas? (Not a good example as APG has gone N/A:rotfl:. But, you know what I mean.)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Phew!! Just got back from that huge glitch, is everyone else back yet???

I do think CBBC is rather good this year. From what looked like being a really boring year with who they had going in, it is turning out rather good.

You watching children's BBC again!!

I thought you were banned!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Im here :D
    But been so quiet, nothing really on hot deal either :( so watching telly
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I see nerfdad is on holiday again
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!

I used too, but dont understand the big words they use!

Yes, I used to be the same :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Sunshinemummy

I thought you were banned!
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yes, I used to be the same :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • I think it depends on what you have in the store cupboard.... and how many people you need to feed.

We now have 4 adults (instead of 5) and a dog so I would ideally like to spend £100 for the month on food. I have done this before, but at that time there were loads of glitches... either there are no glitches now.. or I am missing them!

I do want to stack the freezer up with brambles for the winter.

We have mostly tinned things and our own meat. The main problem is cooking I dislike it and I'm very imaginative when it comes to cooking. Oh likes stuff he can just sling in the oven esp for lunch. Will not compromise with sandwiches :(
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • Sunshinemummy
    We have mostly tinned things and our own meat. The main problem is cooking I dislike it and I'm very imaginative when it comes to cooking. Oh likes stuff he can just sling in the oven esp for lunch. Will not compromise with sandwiches :(

What about bulk cooking meals/snacks, so he has something cheaper to throw in the oven (or microwave!)
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I popped into morries earlier and caught 9p fruit and veg time perfectly :D

Chickens won't be wanting for cabbage anytime soon :rotfl: :rotfl:

Apples, lemons and tangerines all down to 9p too :)

Also picked up a load of winemaking kit from a lovely lady on streetlife, including a bottle of rose hip wine :rotfl: it also came with a corker thing, loads of corks, labels and foil toppers as well as loads of other stuff too, and also a very useful book about preserving. Very fortunate to have been on streetlife at the right time. I've been picking blackberries from the allotment today and I don't have any room in the freezer for them all :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport