BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Comments

• JulianB
    JulianB Posts: 14 Forumite
    I had exactly the same treatment from BT staff informing me
    that I didn't understand the situation and that I needed to contact MSE for my cashback!!!!! Anyway I'm not so sure I would repeat the experience either

Cheers
    J
  • We're still waiting for our cheque after our broadband went live and I filled in the claim form before Christmas.
    I have emailed the affiliates@bt.com address to encourage them to send it though but I'm pretty sceptical about receiving it at all really. Very disappointing.
    The process of getting the broadband and phone line was equally shambolic. I would not do this deal again.... :(
  • You are not alone, tryrobbo. No cheque yet and installation for us was on 2 December. Have you tried phoning BT?
  • No cheque here either jingleberry. Installation for us was also 2 December! I've rung BT and they deny it's anything to do with them and I've E-Mailed MSE but no reply :-(
  • I've written to BT today enclosing a copy of the original email from MSE. If you need to trace this email, MSE has an archive of old emails which you can search through - the one I used was dated 18 November 2015. In case this helps, here is the text of my letter (I also quoted my telephone number, email address, BT account number and order number in the heading)
    To: [FONT=&quot]BT Correspondence Centre
    [FONT=&quot]Providence Row[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Durham[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DH98 1BT[/FONT]
    I placed an order with you for broadband, landline, mobile phone SIM and BT TV on 18 November 2015 and everything was installed on 2 December. I placed the order using a link provided by money saving expert, as this would entitle me to receive a Sainsburys gift card and £75 cash back, within 30 days from installation. I have received the Sainsburys card but not the £75 cash back.[/FONT]

A copy of the relevant email from money saving expert, dated 18 November 2015, is attached.
    As I had heard nothing by 2 January, I followed a link on your website which suggested I email details of the missing cashback to [EMAIL="affiliates@bt.com"]affiliates@bt.com[/EMAIL]. I received an automated response which asked me to complete an online form at :http://www.vouchers.bt.com/offer/cashback.
    Despite all this I still haven’t received my cash back or any response from BT to this query. My move from Sky to BT does not make financial sense without the £75 cash back so can I ask you please to ensure that this is now sent to me as a matter of urgency.
  • So I bought BT infinity on this deal. £100 sainsburys gift card and £75 cashback in form of a cheque.
    To date I have received £50 gift card and my £75 cheque which I agree is better than nothing.
    It's annoying that your emails are dealt with by different handlers each time and they seem to unable to deal with the issue I am complaining about.
    On the 15/1/16 I was informed that I had been succesful at £100 gift card and it would be with me within 15 days. Two emails this week as its not here yet. Told that Royal Mail,tracking shows it was delivered 19/12/15.
    Try to explain that was the original £50 and that I'm still due another £50. Return email states as per t&c's the gift card I have already received was the correct amount for the package I took out.
    The t&c's he has included on email state exactly that, that I'm due £100 for taking out BT infinity.
    And so the circle goes round again!
  • I agree with everything you say I have been with B T for phone ,personal, and business for over 50 years, and retired 10 ago I was with B T BROADBAND AND PHONE package then 2 years ago moved the package to sky for sport deal, after 1 year ,changed back to B T to get their sport deal, had a lot of problems in trying to keep my original phone number, 3 attempts before they got it fixed, but I have had continual, problems with broadband dropping, and bussing phone, I have complained, reported, this at least 3 /4 times a month, and my contract ends on 17th /02/16 I have told them if it is not sorted permanently, and given the compensation I was promised by that date, I will not be renewing my contract with them. and will instruct the bank to stop any Direct Debit.
  • Jingleberry did you receive a response to your E-mail? We still haven't received the £75 cashback!

Thank you
  • Having lodged a complaint with BT a week or so ago about the cheque fiasco, I finally got to speak to someone with some sense from BT yesterday. This is after being several weeks of being phoned up by other BT staff who were rude, unempowered and unhelpful.
    The helpful BT man, Matt, has spoken to the cheque-issuing department and tells me that a £75 cheque will be with me in the next few weeks. I am optimistic, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I have his contact details, so if you want me to put him in touch with you, send me a PM and I'll forward your message to his email.
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Did others sign up with the newer BT website graphical interface then after entering their Sky viewing card number get redirected to an older looking version of the BT website and have to fill in all the same details again?

On the older looking site details it states the Infinity Unlimited + Calls is £20 per month and not £10!

I continued with the order and had a very unpleasant exchange with the BT.com chat person who informed me I could fix the pricing issue by phoning up customer services after the broadband had been set up.

Anyone else have this issue? anyone have any advice on what to do?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure