Ulster Bank: Easy Access Savings Account at 1.25% pa

Options

Comments

• miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got my anytime card today dated 5/7 (yeah, right) from a letter with the "Exceptions Maintenance Team" listed in the top right hand corner.

Apparently the PIN will arrive in 3-5 working days, although I've already got that.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well my original card arrived today - but too late, as it was cancelled last week on the recommendation of CS rep, and a new one requested, which will take another 31 days if this one's anything to go by.

Don't know whether it's got anything to do with the delay, but my postcode is missing off the letter that carried the card. All other correspondence I've had from them contains my postcode, so could explain the delay?
  • miller
    Options
    No postcode on mine either. I would allege in no way was it dispatched on the date printed and has required some sort of manual intervention to produce.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    No postcode on mine either. I would allege in no way was it dispatched on the date printed and has required some sort of manual intervention to produce.

The date on mine was 8 July. I imagine that the date on the letter's the date that they sent the request to wherever the cards are being produced.
  • gizz_mo
    gizz_mo Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    I didn't get a confirmation page on a windows phone IIRC.
    Have you activated a card/reader.

No. I only ordered the card reader and card on Saturday. But I have set up 3 payees from mobile app by paying £1 and then saving the payee. Today I tried to set up a future dated payment from the website to one of those payees I had already paid to and it said I needed the card reader. Oh well at least it lets me save the payees and make up to £250 a day until the reader comes.
  • miller
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    The date on mine was 8 July. I imagine that the date on the letter's the date that they sent the request to wherever the cards are being produced.

This shouldn't really be allowed. With the absence of dated postmarks on a lot of mail some companies are taking advantage. IMO it should be sent within, say, a week of the date being applied.

This especially applies to time sensitive stuff where a few days are stolen because of the implication that the post/mail provider is tardy or stuff is dated only month+year.

One case I had with the FOS they took the company's word that they had posted something (a maturity form for a fixed rate bond) which didn't arrive; strange how there was no problem with other post arriving.

...it's one of my pet hates this practice and it seems to be tolerated... rant over.
  • SouthLondonUser
    Options
    I applied yesterday. Today I received a text and email telling me I have to upload some proof of ID. Luckily I have a passport.
    All these IT and customer service horror stories make me think of two things:
    1) The key reason I am unlikely to move my banking away from First Direct is that, the few times I have had to contact them, customer service has always been great: short waiting time on the phone and generally competent staff – all much better than HSBC. There are other accounts that could pay me a bit more interest than zero on my balance, but I never keep a very high balance anyway, it would be peanuts, and, tbh, my time is worth more.
    2) The Byzantine IT systems and issues are exactly a reason why challenger banks (I mean the app-friendly like Monzo, Starling and Atom, not Metro) could have a lot of potential. Starling has some kind of beta bank account (but doesn’t offer joint accounts yet), Monzo will be launching bank accounts soonish. If they work, they could probably be the only ones tempting me to switch from First Direct.
  • ajo24
    ajo24 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    It's worth making a complaint regarding their shoddy service. I'm still waiting for my card reader but got credited with £50 today by them as a goodwill gesture.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit naughty having to tick a disclaimer if you don't want Trusteer thingy!
  • miller
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Bit naughty having to tick a disclaimer if you don't want Trusteer thingy!

Think I installed that once a long time ago, it was worse than actually having a virus.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback