Amazon Delivery Delay

Comments

• Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    eslick wrote: »
    no problems so far with amazon, but the book people dont get me started :) ordered wednesday night with next day delivery, so expected friday still no sign of it
    as you rightly say it's not just Amazon that are having problems ...

Tesco, M&S & others too
  • VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Makes me less worried about my Amazon deliveries reading all of the other problems.

I started my Christmas shopping on the 1st December with a big Amazon order. I have since ordered some stuff off eBay and placed more Amazon orders. Everything off eBay has arrived, as well as all of the Amazon bits that came through Amazon marketplace sellers, but none of the actual Amazon deliveries have arrived!
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm waiting for 12 parcels majority from ebay and they were all bought at the beginning of December....eek! but i have some Amazon ones that are late and one was for the BIL birthday yesterday, he understood though. Still waiting for a delivery from Asos from the 23rd Nov and they just keep saying due to delays takes time to find whats gone on with my parcel. :(

No snow here for miles around :D Not seen a speck of it and still have no deliveries getting through.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    what do people expect companies to do when the country has ground to halt because of the weather?

The North & Scotland are still impacted by the snow, so delays are understandable, but not the South. The fact is that Amazon are choosing to use carriers that have listed delays when they could have used alternative carriers or refused to give an option on their website for next day delivery.
    The man without a signature.
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We have no snow here either, yet on the council schools website it says that 2 school buses got stuck on ice this morning.
  • WalkinX
    WalkinX Posts: 84 Forumite
    I had a delay on an item via super saver. It was before the snow (last week in November) I bought it along with 2 other items and then the monday I bought more items. We didn't have any mail for 5 days then the stuff started coming through but not the evry first item I bought.

I eventually got it this weekend.
  • I'm waiting on two parcels. One's stuck in Inverclyde, which is understandable, but the other's been in Wigan for 5 days. I only live in Manchester!
  • what do people expect companies to do when the country has ground to halt because of the weather?

Is it to much to expect a multi international company to have a contingency plan so that deliveries are made. Its poor orgnisation and plus I have an Amazon fulfillment center under 10 miles away its barmy.
  • Is it to much to expect a multi international company to have a contingency plan so that deliveries are made. Its poor orgnisation and plus I have an Amazon fulfillment center under 10 miles away its barmy.

I think you should write to Amazon then with what you think they should do when they next get caught out with some of the worst weather in over 60 years..

Could you outline them here for us all too.. so that maybe anyone else who is having problems with stuff like ebay and that can all follow your excellent plans.

I await with baited breath
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • Vik_36
    Vik_36 Posts: 57 Forumite
    I'm in East Yorkshire, I had not post for 9 days. I had a lot of parcels delivered on Saturday and 2 today. It's just a case of waiting it out as frustrating and worrying as it can be. Hopefully you'll all get your deliveries soon :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure