The life and times of Dolly.........

Comments

• You're doing so well Dolly. Got it all organised and almost there. xxxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Had a super fun but busy weekend with some family over from Canada.

In work now till 6.30pm and we hit the ground running this morning, will try to pop on later for a proper browse and catch up but can only have a flying visit right now.

Thanks PSL!

Dxxx
  • Well time for a wee update and some ramblings from me :p

I've been having a wee look at all the totals this morning, I wanted to be debt free by 1 December 2017 but have known for a while that this wasn't going to happen but I'm starting to feel a bit sad about it :(

I know I'm gonna be debt free now by February 2018 at the latest but I really wanted to start 2018 on a new slate so that we could start saving for our home.

Oh well who ever had plans that went exactly as they thought they would, I will get over it!

So based on my calculations there should still be around £1971.00 to be paid off in 2018.

Will do what I can to pay off wee bits and bobs if there is any extra going at all but it's still not gonna make it go away this year :rotfl:

Now here's my dilemma of sorts, I do have some money stashed away (£1000.00). This has accumulated this year from my work bonus and referring people to Nationwide so it's really been money for nothing (so I'm telling myself) so I kinda want to keep this in the account as I've never had savings before so I'm loving the novelty of it :j

I don't want to use this to pay the debt because it's still not gonna all be gone so I'm still gonna feel the same sadness that I have debt in 2018 anyway.

Meh, this has been a bit of a ramble but felt like I needed to get it out of my head.

Dxxx
  • Right I'm kinda over the whole rant from yesterday.

I have made great progress over the last year and I am super happy with that.

I've thought about it and realised that it would have been so easy just to continue on the bad path that I was on to keep adding to the debt even slightly each year but I haven't. I have really focused and paid a lot of debt off this year.

I don't think the husband realises either quite how much planning and organising goes into it but hey ho there you go!

In work till 6.30pm then off till Tuesdayyyyyyyyy - oh yeah!

Plans for the time off are;

* See my sister and the munchkins tomorrow (low spend if possible)
    * Shopping for my grannies birthday on Friday (her birthday is Saturday)
    * Grannies 90th birthday party on Saturday!!!
    * Take the husband out for a nice Sunday roast (using up a £15.00 gift voucher that runs out 27.09.2017)
    * Cook a massaman lamb curry in the slow cooker (first use I am excited)
    * Lazy day at home Monday

Dxxx
  • hey you, you're doing brilliantly. just stick with it and in less than 6 months, you'll be debt free with your nest egg intact
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • You're right INOD.

I will be super chuffed with myself then.

Dxxx
  • How is it going Dolly. I know you're more of a week day poster than a weekend posting person but I've been so busy lately during the week with hardly any time to post!

Hope you're having good weekend. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Hey PSL,

Yeah I'm good, thanks for checking in with me.

Had a wee weekend away to Chester and Liverpool with my sister and the kids.

Had a great time.

Didn't spend all my money I had saved when I was away so I used it for;

* £52.00 - Body shop treats for myself, need to up my skincare regime
    * £72.00 - Aftershave for husbands Christmas
    * £50.00 - Payment to the CC (see did some debt busting)

So I'm back to living on a budget now!

Dxxx
  • Today I have;

£10.00 - won on a scratchcard
    £15.00 - vouchers from EON
    £40.00 - cash out from Onepoll

Hoping to win this Euromillions tonight!

Dxxx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Ooo how did you get vouchers from EON?

If you win euros halfers ;) lol xxx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport