PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Salmon Trimmings

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Oooh lots of ideas! I might have to get them regularly so that I can try them all out. I think I'll go with the fritata idea, I'm not a good cook and that's nice and easy.

Thanks everyone!
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • I make a kind of smoked salmon pate when I get some. Just chop the salmon finely then stir into cream cheese and season with pepper and lemon juice. Gorgeous on brown bread.
  • Barneysmom
    Barneysmom Posts: 10,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought me and hubby a piece of haddock each, and bought the salmon pieces for the dogs!!
    But when I opened the pack and saw how much was there - wow!
    Me and hubby had salmon and haddock, and some bits left for the dogs.
  • parsonswife8
    parsonswife8 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    I make a kind of smoked salmon pate when I get some. Just chop the salmon finely then stir into cream cheese and season with pepper and lemon juice. Gorgeous on brown bread.

Spot on sarahmelita!

Just like a bit of chopped dill with mine too!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
  • Hey had my food shopping come this morning and found a pack of salmon trimmings in there(?:rolleyes:) wot can i do with them?
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi princess lou,

They are great for making a creamy sauce for with pasta. Fry some onion in butter, add some single cream or creme fraiche and dill if you have it and heat through. At the last minute add the salmon trimmings and pour over cooked pasta.

There's an earlier thread with more ideas that should help so I'll add your post to it to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • cjabingham
    cjabingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    I bought some yesterday and it had two heads and tails and the bones and flesh. Now they charge £2 a kilo, still cheaper than salmon except when salmon is on offer at £4 a kilo at Easter!
  • HOWMUCH
    HOWMUCH Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I buy when it's on offer and also do it with meat. I would use with pasta or make salmon cakes.
    Why pay full price when you may get it YS ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Yummy salmon fish cakes, stick a bit of cheese in the middle of the mash and cooked salmon to get the inside cheesey filling that a lot of fish cakes seem to have nowadaysshape into round patties dip in seasoned flour ,egg and breadcrumbs and shallow fry or when cold freeze for later
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    I wouldn't slow cook salmon - it cooks very quickly, and can go "dry" if overcooked.
    Risotto is lovely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport