Please HELP MSE test new cheap contact lens tool

Comments

• fresian_cow
    fresian_cow Posts: 280 Forumite
    It would be good if they were included though somewhere in the tool, even if it's just a note at the bottom, to help people on monthly plans make a direct comparison. When I've looked into this before to get what I get at specsavers I would only save about £1 a month and to be honest it's not really worth the hassle of remembering to order for that saving!
  • Hi,

I just received my new prescription for contact lenses yesterday. I was provided with daily lenses from Specsavers called 'Optira' - and I can't seem to find them on the list.

The diameter of the lenses is 14.1 but there doesn't seem to be an option for 14.1 lenses?

Thanks.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would suggest adding Dimensions Accents (coloured contact lenses for light-coloured eyes) but they seem to be discontinued on a lot of sites.

Here they are at a bargainous price (3 for £24, 3 month's supply): http://www.feelgoodcontacts.com/contact-lenses/expressions-accents
  • Chopstheduck
    Chopstheduck Posts: 1,284
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    it worked for me, but the cheapest price it gave me was for ONE box (one eye) rather than ONE set for both eyes. Also, the prices don't allow for differing prices on websites according to how many you buy. So it's ok as a guide but not that reliable.
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I input "Boots" then "Astigmatism" and no lens options were available at the bottom...it happens with a few of the suppliers at the top. I'm pretty sure Boots would offer lenses for ppl with astigamtism as I am currently trialling Acuvue 1 Day Astigmatism Moist...and I notice they have ordered in samples of Focus Dailies and another brand which I don't recognise.

So I chose Johnson & Johnson 1 Day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism Moist and no results came up?

Same for focus dailies?

I think the astigmatism section is pretty broken at the moment!
  • I normally order Proclear 1 Day daily lenses from Getlenses.co.uk - and I tend to only order 30 pairs at a time because I can go weeks without wearing them.

Unfortunately the checker wouldn't bring up any results for these lenses on a 1 month/30 day supply. The minimum it found was for a 3 month supply.

Thanks for developing another great tool though MSE! When it's polished it will be brilliant :T

Hi, this should be sorted now. It was due to different retailers calling the lenses slightly different names - so we have to 'map' them together.
  • Hi- Might be being silly but I noticed that under Basch and Lamb dailies you have one option for soflens daily disposable and one for soflens daily disposables - surely this is the same thing? sorry if being daft :D
    I can also see the text submit query over the search button. Looks a fab tool though, does this just show the top prices or include most companies? I noticed specsavers isn't on there (although I know their not the cheapest it gives a good comparison?)

Hi the soflens issue should be updated now (might take a while to update). It's because retailers call the lenses slightly different names - in this case just an extra 's'. So we map the names together.

We'll check why Specsavers aren't coming up for your lenses - it is included.
  • Couldn't see any Acuvue or Focus Daily lenses.

These are both in the tool - can you try again? Try searching under Johnson & Johnson for Acuvue or Ciba Vision for Focus Dailies to narrow the search.
  • it worked for me, but the cheapest price it gave me was for ONE box (one eye) rather than ONE set for both eyes. Also, the prices don't allow for differing prices on websites according to how many you buy. So it's ok as a guide but not that reliable.

Can you tell us which lenses you were searching for?
  • Tokalosh
    Tokalosh Posts: 305 Forumite
    gutted - ordered for my OH last weekend and if i had used this lens checker, i would have saved £30 for 6 months.
    At least i know for next time.

TY
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family