The cheapest Pay As You Go mobile tariff

Comments

• Given some more people now have sims, can anyone confirm if you can download pop email over Asda gprs please? Thanks.
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    safetylady wrote: »
    I am going to the Dom Rebublic next month and my other half isn't. Last time we did this it cost us a small fortune in calls (£240 for me) and it was usually him calling. Anyone have any suggestions on phone cards, pay as u go etc. Best regards.:eek:

Take a look at the site is use for phone cards. its https://www.paytone.com

They are easy to use, have 100000000 of different cards and its all done on line,. Been using them for 10 years no worries at all
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• There are very few phones left at ASDA in Preston so I haven't got one but there is one that is FREE when you buy £20 top up, so I'm gonna try and get that when they are back in stock
  • I've just been on line and they are back in stock. Have ordered two.

Thank you!!!!

:D
  • I called Orange who is my provider at the mo, I asked them for my Port Authorisation Code (PAC) and got hung up on 3 times...eventually got throught to a good customer services person. I told them I need the code to move numbers over to ASDA. At the time i was Paying 25 per min and 10 pence a text they asked me why I was leaving and I told them the deal Asda are doing. Orange lowered my call charges to 5 pence per min and 3 pence per text. The text price was for 6 months only and I would have to call back and renegotiate. My call charges have now dropped from 25 pence min to 5 pence a minute. I may now not move to Adsa because of the huge drop in my charges, maybe if they up them again I will make the move over.
  • GDonbavand wrote: »
    There are very few phones left at ASDA in Preston so I haven't got one but there is one that is FREE when you buy £20 top up, so I'm gonna try and get that when they are back in stock

I can'y find this offer :confused: any links anyone?

Cheers

:T
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just out of interest regarding the ASDA Mobile PAYG scheme, if you buy one of their PAYG handsets you get the (50p) SIM card free with £1 credit on it, so you can make a quick call to a friend, then ring Customer Services (in Scotland) to register the phone, and perhaps set up your credit or debit card for easy Top-Ups.

Their PAYG mobiles are tied to the ASDA Mobile network. "To unlock your Asda Mobile within the first 12 months of purchase will cost £19.99, after which it is free." says their Customer Services. No doubt it could be done 'elsewhere', cheaper. But you'd probably only want to do this if an Even Better Deal than the current ASDA Mobile one came along.

I want to copy my Contacts from the old SIM card to the new ASDA Mobile one, but I found that I couldn't just insert my old SIM card and use the "Copy Contacts from SIM card to phone" function, because it said there were no contacts on the old SIM. (It lies!).

Can anyone recommend a (cheap) SIM Saver device, perhaps USB, which actually works, reliably, to transfer Contacts from an old SIM card to a new one? There are several cheap (and nasty) SIM Savers reviewed on various websites, and some just don't work, it seems, even corrupting the original SIM card...
  • John_Gray wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a (cheap) SIM Saver device, perhaps USB, which actually works, reliably, to transfer Contacts from an old SIM card to a new one? There are several cheap (and nasty) SIM Savers reviewed on various websites, and some just don't work, it seems, even corrupting the original SIM card...

Would Mobyko(.com) fit your purpose? It certainly works for me.
  • Bleepme wrote: »
    Sorry, but 1MB -- 1000KB therefore virgin's 0.5p/K -- £5.00/MB. Data is measured in bytes, speed is measured in bits. The prices you see are all per Megabyte and therefore don't need to be multiplied by 8(!).

Cheers
    --Bleepme

to be precise its actually £5.12 per Megabyte as theres 1024kbytes in a megabyte.

Not being pedantic but accurate.
    "Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call"
    "There is no spoon
    "

~~MSE BSC member #172~~
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    wesley4 wrote: »
    Would Mobyko(.com) fit your purpose? It certainly works for me.

Thanks, but this is another website which completely fails to describe what its product does and how it does it! I suspect from the absence of a listing for my (extremely and intentionally basic) Nokia 1209 that it isn't covered.

i would guess that by far the best method (but does it exist?) would be a mechanism based on 'something' that plugged into the bottom of the phone and copied out the Contacts from the SIM card (or the phone's memory)...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure