Transfer Test AQE 2015-2016 *NEW THREAD*

Options

Comments

• sciencenut
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I suspect over the next few months that we'll all be sharing our AQE and GL stresses in here and we're still months away yet.

Does anyone have experience of access arrangements for each set of exams? We're in the situation of possibly needing access arrangements for number one son on medical grounds. He doesn't have a statement, but does have some issues that present themselves in situations like this relating to concentration and executive functioning skills.

We're about to fill in the registration form but it looks like we have to get the medical documentation organised very quickly after they respond.

Cheers.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The forms filled in just have to get the passport pictures done ..wish it was all past :-(
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • Cherryscone
    Options
    Ben reading the 14.15 thread some good info there folks
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • emanlu
    emanlu Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I am starting on this journey again for what will be the 3rd time in 4 years - not looking forward to it at all.
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    emanlu wrote: »
    I am starting on this journey again for what will be the 3rd time in 4 years - not looking forward to it at all.

same here !! - planning a bonfire post AQE's in December with the box of papers and notes that have accumulated !!
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • Cherryscone
    Options
    BOBS wrote: »
    same here !! - planning a bonfire post AQE's in December with the box of papers and notes that have accumulated !!

Good idea :rotfl:
  • Cherryscone
    Options
    Private Tutor seems to be the in thing at the minute at my Sons School has any if you been thinking or maybe already are going to use a Tutor?
  • Sugarmummy
    Sugarmummy Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    A neighbouring school has told the parents that in order to maintain the child's scores, they are advising private tutoring! And this is a school that is working with them! The primary school my wee ones belong to is doing little just as with previous years and therefore feel a tutor is needed just to give him that little extra push. I feel it all depends on the child, but overloading them can be just as bad as doing too little...but then if others are doing it why put your child at a disadvantage?
  • fishing_mad
    fishing_mad Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    My son will be sitting the transfer test this coming November.

We will not be employing the services of a tutor as financially this is not an option.

Preparation within his school is restricted to sitting one paper a week (11 completed so far). The teacher then marks the paper and sends it home for us to work through any incorrect answers.

Prior to this I had purchased some practice papers and was very disappointed to discover that within school he had covered very little of the material on the paper. As a result of our preparatory work at home he is doing quite well on the weekly school tests.

I am annoyed to hear that many other schools are spending considerably more time preparing their pupils for the transfer test.
  • bonrosie
    bonrosie Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Where is the best place to get practice papers? Are there any free ones or do they have to be bought? This aQE is an expensive exercise!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure