Chemical Bank Home Loans

I had a mortgage way back with Chemical Bank Home Loans Ltd. which included a monthly insurance payment - not sure why. We had a separate endowment to cover eventualities!
The bank loan dept. was taken over by BNParibas. Any idea how to contact them without sending a letter to Paris (the UK office doesn't handle it) and without the letter falling in to a black hole. If PPI is due will BNP have any liability to pay?

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    WVAM wrote: »
    I had a mortgage way back with Chemical Bank Home Loans Ltd. which included a monthly insurance payment - not sure why. We had a separate endowment to cover eventualities!
    The bank loan dept. was taken over by BNParibas. Any idea how to contact them without sending a letter to Paris (the UK office doesn't handle it) and without the letter falling in to a black hole. If PPI is due will BNP have any liability to pay?

Chemical Bank Home Loans Ltd (CBHL) is now known as Halifax Mortgage Services Limited (HMSL). But it is a dormant company.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01981090

It looks like CBHL was acquired by BNP in 1988 and they sold it to Halifax or HBOS back in 1995.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Monthly insurance could have been a MIG (which you can't complain about) or even life/critical illness

Regardless without documentation (which it sounds like you don't have as you don't know what the insurance is) your complaint is not likely to go anywhere as no-one will know what you actually paid.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We had a separate endowment to cover eventualities!

That doesnt cover all eventualities. That is why there are other plans to plug that gap.
    If PPI is due will BNP have any liability to pay?

Is it PPI?
    Could it be something else that you frequently see with mortgages? e.g. MIG paid over a period

Was it sold by them or via a third party broker?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure