Partial settlement/benefits advice

Comments

• Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Really? link?

it also would explain why they havent ever too it any further in 4 years.
  • Brodiebobs
    Thanks very interesting.
  • Brodiebobs
    lender has left me a voicemail today advising the original agreement and current position has been posted today to the family member...

So definitely not 'mis-placed' once I have a look I'll let you know what it contains.
  • Brodiebobs
    edited 23 August 2016 at 10:07PM
    So crossed wires, it came in today's post.

The agreement they sent is purely the page that was signed, which shows the amount, term, and insurance premium & monthly installments. Is this all they need to supply or should be the full application?

Only thing I spotted was the family member has signed but not dated it, but the person who sold it to them has signed & dated it.

I have asked the debt charity were using to arrange the equity release to take a look but they said a signed agreement is a signed agreement, best to ignore this option and push on with the equity release as we've now been told by HMRC there will be no lump sum.
  • Brodiebobs
    So the pension is a no-go so ploughing on with the equity release...

Is it worth putting in a PPI claim or waiting until in a position to offer a settlement then negotiate it then?
  • Brodiebobs
    The equity release application is now ongoing, we've enquired about PPI and the loan company have suddenly got very jumpy. They've provided the loan brokers details as they set up the loan so they've said the mis-selling should go against them. And have now given us 14 days to provide proof of the equity release figure they're offering.

Bearing in mind we haven't even done a full application yet, let alone had a valuation done this isn't going to happen!!

I have however spoken to the broker who has advised that because the loan was taken out pre-2005 they will automatically decline any reclaim action we take. Is this correct?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Brodiebobs wrote: »

I have however spoken to the broker who has advised that because the loan was taken out pre-2005 they will automatically decline any reclaim action we take. Is this correct?

No it is not.

As long as paperwork exists, you can re-claim.

Are there any PPI details on the agreement they sent you ?

If they decline your complaint you take it straight to the FOS.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Brodiebobs
    the loan company sent a form which shows the insurance premium along with the loan but no application details.

Would we need to do another request to the broker?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Brodiebobs wrote: »
    the loan company sent a form which shows the insurance premium along with the loan but no application details.

Would we need to do another request to the broker?

It should of been provided along with the loan agreement.

So it sounds like your CCA request was not compliant after all.

I doubt they will have any more documents to be honest, I would get your PPI complaint sent, include a copy of the document they sent you, mention the rest of the information is missing, see how they respond, be prepared to take it further.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure