Insurance and breakdown of Nationwide Flexplus

Options
In lights with Halifax's last cut, really thinking to open a Nationwide Flexplus as my breakdown also comes to the end as well.

I have the same working hours as their new customer lie, so would like to ask the follow MSE:
1. we have two cars, how I can make sure the breakdown will cover two cars?
2. the insurance, does it have to be travel altogether? Mrs sometimes takes daughter with her for a long break, leaving me along with work. Will that still covered?
Spend smart, and save more.

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Should be coved if you open a joint account, but read the t & cs to confirm.

You can contact them by secure message for any specific queries, they generally get back in a day or two, and recently when they didn't respond that quickly I got £50 compo which was good.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Breakdown covers the person, not the car.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    It also covers the car (2 cars for a joint account) when it's driven by anyone else with the account holder's permission.

OP's questions are both answered on the Nationwide website, and you don't even have to read the (very) small print! In the case of Q1, in the "features" section, and for Q2 see the policy summary.

So working the "same hours" as them isn't an excuse!
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October 2016 at 12:51PM
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »

Yes - but the Nationwide policy is different.

If you as the account holder are the registered owner of the car anyone else driving your car is covered by the breakdown cover. You are also covered as the account holder if you are a passenger in someone else's car which you don't own.

That's why I have the policy as it means other family members are covered when they drive my car with me not present even though they don't have an NW current account.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexplus/insurances-and-benefits
    The travel insurance has a small excess of £50 - although you can waive this for £4.50 a year - but given the other benefits like extended warranty and free overseas cash withdrawals it's worth it plus you get 3 per cent interest too on £2500 which offsets more than half the monthly £10 fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure