Free concerts/gigs for volunteer workers. orange rock corps

lorweld
lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 11 August 2009 at 10:57AM in Freebies (no spend required)
HELP THE COMMUNITY - SEE GAGA!

Yes in association with those people at Orange, you could be seeing Gaga do an amazing gig with the kids who, right now, are tearing up the charts, N-Dubz.

All you have to do is four hours community service and you could be going to the party at The Royal Albert Hall this September.

For more details see
orangerockcorps.co.uk.

Projects in London and Manchester so far.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:hello:

Comments

• discobaby
    discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    lorweld wrote: »

Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• [SIZE=+1]NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. [/SIZE]
      Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.
  • layla1979
    layla1979 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    I also signed up but only projects in Manchester
    Thanks to everyone who posts
    @laylafletcher FB layla fletcher
    IM GETTING MARRIED :happyhear
  • lorweld
    discobaby wrote: »
    Looks good, I signed up but there are only 5 projects in Manchester within the next couple of weeks, also it is a prize draw, so competition as such, you are not guaranteed to get to go:

ROCKCORPS LIMITED ROCKCORPS COLLECTIVE FREE DRAWS RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS

• [SIZE=+1]NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER INTO THE FREE DRAWS AND WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. [/SIZE]
      Thank you for your interest in the "RockCorps Collective Free Draws" (the "Draws"). If you would like to participate in the Draws and become eligible to receive a prize, follow the steps outlined below. By participating in the Draws or accepting these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") by clicking the "I ACCEPT" button, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these T&Cs.

Yeah Discobaby I read it as that too but it's not a competition in the traditional sense. I *think* that most people who participate in the project ie volunteer 4 hours of community work receive a free ticket.

I could of course be totally wrong. :o

I'd love to hear from people who have participated last year.

However, I think this is an excellent concept. A great way to give something back to the community.
  • Feral_Girl
    Feral_Girl Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Only projects in Manchester though :(
    _party_ 90s rave reject.
  • cooldude255220
    cooldude255220 Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Maybe the concert is in manchester?
  • mrsyorkie
    mrsyorkie Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Post
    Latest news

Manchester projects are Go! 28 May 2009

Register now, and sign up for Manchester based projects for the gig at the Manchester apollo on July 13th
    London projects will start in August for the Royal Albert Hall gig on September 25th. You can register now, but keep checking the site for projects a little nearer the time.
    We're looking forward to a busy summer!
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've been with Rock Corps for a long time now and it's definitely worth it. :)
  • tobybowes
    tobybowes Posts: 409 Forumite
    Wish there were projects in my area :( btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
  • lorweld
    tobybowes wrote: »
    Wish there were projects in my area :( btw that isnt a referal link is it lorweld?

:eek::eek: no it's not. I can't even participate because I'm in Ireland. It was a link I got from an email.
  • Micro_Law
    Micro_Law Posts: 80 Forumite
    This is a great event to get involved in. Done it last year, and just done my project for this year on wed 27th May at the Launch project for london at Tower Hamlets cemetery park. The acts for this year for london are tbc. but last year we had the likes of busta rhymes, john legend, guillemots and dizee rascal. If you can spare 4 hours of your time, i recommend doing this!
    :T Wins: Annual Taste London Membership * Fabulous Mag comp Vie spray on tights * Rimmel Pro nail Varnish * Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara * Walking with dinosaurs family of 4 pass at Wembley Arena * Baptiste 3 trial size dry shampoo and mini brush :T

:j £671.87 reclaimed in bank charges!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport