What is this software that plays custom images and text on TV in doctors waiting room

Options
Hi all

I am baffled and am looking for a piece of software. I'll explain. So, I go into my doctors and there's a standard LCD TV on the wall. It displays looping text of the surgery rules etc. Go to the Dentist and again, on an LCD TV there's the custom text...Welcome to XXX Dentist. Your First Aiders are Mr Bloggs etc (with photos etc). I go in shops and see similar. Obviously this is a piece of Software on a PC that you simply create your own text and images. What is this looping text/image software? I want it!

Thanks all.

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    PowerPoint?
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Display screens come with a variety of software you can use depending on whether it is just for still images, video with sound etc.

One way is to create the slides in something like PowerPoint and save them as a series of (.jpg) image files - these are then loaded into the memory of the display screen, using a usb stick, and they will then loop around whenever the screen is switched on.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Xibo

Free - open source - and powerful

But if its just text and images you want - powerpoint will do just fine
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What AndyPix said.

We run Xibo where I work and it's good. Free and not too difficult to set up yourself, you can get a hosted cloud version (can't get much easier than someone else doing it for you) and very very flexible. We probably run it on 20 different screens all taking a variety of feeds/channels depending on the need in that area.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Digital signage software.

Commercial and free versions are available, many can integrate information from RSS feeds, social media, etc into the template.

Free and open source (blog)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure