Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    Options
    steve65e wrote: »
    Nottingham Reg Saver (first issue) reduces to 1.5% inc bonus, from 1st October. Ouch!

That's a shame - but thanks for this as Ive not received any notification of the interest cut for this closed issue.

Only just over a year ago this was paying 3.1% (for years)!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now gone from their website.

Hopefully a new one will be along soon, now the old one has gone.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • steve65e
    Options
    That's a shame - but thanks for this as Ive not received any notification of the interest cut for this closed issue.

Only just over a year ago this was paying 3.1% (for years)!

I got the letter from them this morning. Yes, the issue started in 2005, so possible to have 40k in there.
  • skitskut
    Options
    steve65e wrote: »
    I got the letter from them this morning. Yes, the issue started in 2005, so possible to have 40k in there.
    Nothing to stop you whacking in 40K in one hit!
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    skitskut wrote: »
    Nothing to stop you whacking in 40K in one hit!

You mean apart from the fact the T&Cs only allow £250 to be deposited per month.
  • skitskut
    Options
    You mean apart from the fact the T&Cs only allow £250 to be deposited per month.
    The T&Cs said you mustn't pay in more than £250 in one calendar month but if you did you'd just lose your bonus interest for the rest of that interest year.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    skitskut wrote: »
    The T&Cs said you mustn't pay in more than £250 in one calendar month but if you did you'd just lose your bonus interest for the rest of that interest year.

It's withdrawals that affect the bonus. You're allowed 2 withdrawals a year without losing the bonus. But you can't pay in more than £250 full stop.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    It's withdrawals that affect the bonus. You're allowed 2 withdrawals a year without losing the bonus. But you can't pay in more than £250 full stop.

I've just dug out some very dog eared paper T&Cs and skitskut is quoting correctly.

Other Notts RS have simply returned any overpayment back to my feeder account when I've mistakingly overpaid.

Its an interesting concept - I.e. accepting that you get 0.1% (without bonus) on the full balance until 30th September (when interest is paid) such that you can earn 1.5% from that point onwards.

Skitskut - appreciate your input - have you actually tried this?
  • skitskut
    Options
    I've just dug out some very dog eared paper T&Cs and skitskut is quoting correctly.

Other Notts RS have simply returned any overpayment back to my feeder account when I've mistakingly overpaid.

Its an interesting concept - I.e. accepting that you get 0.1% (without bonus) on the full balance until 30th September (when interest is paid) such that you can earn 1.5% from that point onwards.

Skitskut - appreciate your input - have you actually tried this?
    Yes, I used to pay in thousands towards the back end of September. But I have to come clean now and say the last time I tried it the money was returned so I guess they've closed that little loop hole now. Sorry I thought this was common practice - would have shared sooner.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 September 2017 at 1:01AM
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Nottingham BS Special Regular Saver 5 withdrawn and removed from post 3
    - Virgin Money Regular E-Saver Issue 6 replaced with issue 7, same conditions as issue 6 but the maturity date is 20th October 2018, updated in post 3
    - Virgin Money Regular Saver Issue 5 replaced with issue 6, same conditions as issue 5 but the maturity date is 1st October 2018, updated in post 3

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure