Google Sync problems

Options
Am I alone in not being able to sync my google data ?
I have just bought a new mobile and get the same error message as my old mobile..
"Sync is currently experiencing problems . It will be working again shortly"
This has been the same for a good month ...

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What app ??
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    What app ??
    No App - the inbuilt utility !!
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    I am basically trying to get my contacts list from my old phone (Samsung) to my new phone (G4)
    I have connected both to my PC via USB and have the contact file on the desktop - but am unable to copy it to my G4 because when I look at the G4 using file explorer - it is an empty folder !
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Seems an odd way to do it ... have you checked the setting on the G4 to make sure that it is not in charge only mode? Put it into mass storage mode and then look.
    I thought that most phones don't have the facility to import contact lists anymore?

Have you tried removing your google account on the phone and then re-adding it? To sort the sync out to transfer your contacts.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • 50Twuncle
    edited 10 October 2016 at 3:29PM
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Seems an odd way to do it ... have you checked the setting on the G4 to make sure that it is not in charge only mode? Put it into mass storage mode and then look.
    I thought that most phones don't have the facility to import contact lists anymore?

Have you tried removing your google account on the phone and then re-adding it? To sort the sync out to transfer your contacts.
    I have tried - using the same Google account on both phones - which fails (it errors with the same "sync error" on both phones - it looks like it must be linked to my email ?
    I have tried the normal transfer method (bluetooth) - this transferred everything apart from contacts !!

file explorer fails to show any files at all - just an empty folder named MOTO G
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Try this link, it states you have to "back-up" your contact first then import to G4 from PC. When I swapped my phones SII to S6, I had to back up the contacts (and everything else) using Kies then import to the S6 using Samsung Smart Switch - maybe there is a similar utility for LG
  • 50Twuncle
    edited 10 October 2016 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Try this link, it states you have to "back-up" your contact first then import to G4 from PC. When I swapped my phones SII to S6, I had to back up the contacts (and everything else) using Kies then import to the S6 using Samsung Smart Switch - maybe there is a similar utility for LG
    I have used KIES to back up my samsung - and tried Synchios but Synchios is only a 5 item trial (despite calling itself a FREE program) - Kies does not work on my Panasonic G4 !!
    Panasonic don't appear to have an equivalent to Kies......
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back up all your data on old phone to google account. If whatsapp is installed, back that up too on google drive.

Then remove account from old phone.

Enter your gmail account on new phone, contracts will appear. Rest of photos, etc will come too. When reinstalling whatsapp, download option will come too.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Back up all your data on old phone to google account. If whatsapp is installed, back that up too on google drive.

Then remove account from old phone.

Enter your gmail account on new phone, contracts will appear. Rest of photos, etc will come too. When reinstalling whatsapp, download option will come too.
    As I said -:backing up to Google is not possible - I get an error !!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I have used KIES to back up my samsung - and tried Synchios but Synchios is only a 5 item trial (despite calling itself a FREE program) - Kies does not work on my Panasonic G4 !!
    Panasonic don't appear to have an equivalent to Kies......

Did not know Panasonic did a G4 , is it a good phone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure