Is it possible to have carpet fitted and pay weekly?

Comments

• GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    beckieee20 wrote: »
    I am in manchester ...

I did apply for a community care grant .. however they said that carpet doesn't constitue an essential :-(

thanks

I'd appeal that then on the grounds that: 1, it is difficult to maintain cleanliness without a floor covering. You do have a child and cleanliness is essential. 2. That your child has hurt him/herself more than once on splinters from the floor because there is no floorcovering.

Don't be afraid of appeal panels, they're on your side.:)
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,436
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Can you apply for any charitable grants/benevolent funds?? (ex employers, utility companies, ones in your area/fit your circumstances)

Carpet shops offcuts might be cheap enough to do your stairs and landing. Buy some carpet tacks and away you go.
  • beckieee20
    beckieee20 Posts: 15 Forumite
    i will apply for the budgeting loan and if i get no joy will definately appeal thank you

I didnt think about the offcuts as im not sure about the likely hood of finding an offcut big enough to do hall stairs and landing :-) but i will look into it

really appreciate all your help guys :-) thank you
  • GlynD
    i will apply for the budgeting loan and if i get no joy will definately appeal thank you

I didnt think about the offcuts as im not sure about the likely hood of finding an offcut big enough to do hall stairs and landing :-) but i will look into it

really appreciate all your help guys :-) thank you

If you're getting income related benefits then go for a grant - not a loan. :)
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Where is the other parent ?
    Apologies if they are deceased, but I would not want my Kids running around on bare floorboards.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    try carpet shops like carpet right. i know they don't do pay weekly, but they do cheap ranges of carpet. i recently wanted a bit of carpet for our stairs ( temporary) and the carpet itself worked out to be about £50. ok i apperciate this is still alot when money is tight, but it mgiht be easier to save up a smaller amount and later on replace the carpet with a better quality. It will also help in the winter to keep the home warmer for you, and no more spliters for your little ones.
  • beckieee20
    beckieee20 Posts: 15 Forumite
    thanks jcr ive just applied for some info online for carpet right :-)

errrmmm as for my childrens father ... he isn't around ... (not through my choice) but i fail to see the relevance

and thanks glyn i see your point (i'm a bit dizzy at times!!)
  • GlynD
    thanks jcr ive just applied for some info online for carpet right :-)

errrmmm as for my childrens father ... he isn't around ... (not through my choice) but i fail to see the relevance

and thanks glyn i see your point (i'm a bit dizzy at times!!)

No problem Beckieee. The benefits system is a minefield for anyone. I can't blame anyone for getting confused in the difference between "loan" and "grant" if they're not familiar with it. :)
  • Anacrusis
    Anacrusis Posts: 161
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you tried freecycle?
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    there are grants you can apply for please check them out as they can help you when most needed,have you tried freecycle for carpet i know our local site always has things on as peeps are always redecorating
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure