PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    bossymoo wrote: »
    DD is being her marvellous self, they've set up a new reading group called the "high flyers" for her and a few kids from her year - they will get 3 "challenge" sessions each week to really push them on with more advanced material.
    I don't normally comment much about children, as I don't feel remotely qualified to do so; but this time is an exception.
    I am SO PLEASED to read this, Bossy. I'll explain: I learned to read before ever I attended school, and as a consequence, was ahead of the others. At reading lesson time, I would be shoved off in a corner and told to "help myself" to a book from the class library and read it quietly while the others had their lesson. The problem was that "Janet and John" and such-like doesn't exactly cut the mustard for a child who has already read "Alice in Wonderland", "Black Beauty" and "Aesop's Fables". As a consequence, I regarded reading lessons particularly, and school generally, as mega-boring, and to be tolerated because I had no choice; it spoiled any chance of actually enjoying the learning process. So if Miss Moo is going to be encouraged, and given more advanced material, I think that's really great!
    And of course well done to both the Little Moos. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Hi all

Great news Dizzy. LR is not too bad but will try and swish the duster around in there. Paid stuff no. 1 done, supermarket shopping done and put away, steak and kidney pudding put in sc before work and washing hung out. Pilates later but first I must do some work on job no. 2.

So pleased for DS. Last week he covered a shift at work for someone who called in sick - even though he had already done his own shift and was really tired. The big boss came up to him and thanked him today and gave him a little bonus. Isnt it lovely that some employers look after their staff so well, even the young ones on minimum wage.

And LW I agree, reading is so important to childrens education and such an enjoyable thing to do so it should be interesting and challenging.

Right this isnt getting work done is it?
  • Hello all,

Argh, nowt done except long dog walk, lunch eaten, been in school all afternoon listening to readers and at a meeting.

Must do something!!!!!!!!!!!

Bossy will done to your lovely children x

Dizzy we went to NHM in Feb half term once. It was arrrrggggggggggghhhhhh:eek:.
    But if might be fine:D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Sis collapsed yesterday because radiotherapy has zapped the spine tumour but tumour has attacked bone so bit missing as far as i can understand. Plan to pin spine followed by rehabilitation asap.

Not much flying done obvs
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thinking of your sister and you Valli X

Ds2 taken to the dentist and dropped off at school.

Me time had with a cuppa in Mr T's cafe.

Ground floor dysoned 1xwm done.
    BinL popped in to look at kitchen tiles.
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all,

Mid week report in

Bossy, brilliant news from the children's school. I also agree with LW as I was reading things like The Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen, Little House on the Prairie and adored The Famous Five, I always wanted to be George

Dizzy, good news on the building front. It seems like you have been in the caravan for ever and I am sure it probably feels longer

I have cleared some frogs, almost feels like a pond full

I broke Anna Pavlovas arm when cleaning and she was repaired quite quickly, but I was too scared to take her back out of the box. She is now back in pride of place with Isadora Duncan and Antonio Ruiz

All the filing is up to date, new folders

Tax rebate claimed

All socks paired and put away

Have a good week all
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Valli

We cross posted

Thinking of you and your sister xxx
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Valli thinking of your sister and you hugs xxxx

Work done
    Daily stuff done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Valli that sounds dreadful. Your poor sister xxx

Not achieved a lot today as been out at college. I've left it a little late but I looked at kiddies shoes and DS could do with some trainers before the weekend really :eek:

Most I've done is a wash and kept on top of the kitchenables. Will make DS some pack up and have a think how I'm going to do tomorrow night. We have two parties and football training, 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7 :eek: I need to make sure we can eat and change at the right times... Oh dear! And I need to pack. Torches and batteries will be needed. And our swim bits. I might do the wash bag tonight... Forecast is dry but chilly. So hats and gloves, and I'll take wellies just in case the woods are still damp.

Tomorrow will be packing, washing and so on. Actually, I could stick another wash on now... Including my jeans I'm wearing, lol, I better get ready for bed I suppose!

Off I go...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Valli thinking of your sister, you and all your family. Supporting hugs to all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure