£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Comments

• Another NSD (I have a LOT of NSDs, I realise. Which means that previously I wasn't so much frittering money away mindlessly every day as throwing it away in great big wodges a couple of times a month. Which makes it all the more impressive that I don't really have anything to show for it). Worked this morning, but it was paid for a month or more ago, so that's not frightfully exciting, although I think one of the clients might get me to do a bit more work in the future.

To Do today:
    1. Social media while working. Not done, annoyingly. I had several perfect photo ops today and completely forgot. Whoops.
    2. Bake mincemeat cake (realised I forgot this yesterday). Done! Smells yummy, haven't tried it yet. Will portion out and freeze for DH's work snacks.
    3. Make potato and leek/kale/broccoli/whatever greens are kicking around the fridge soup. My children love 'green soup', even though they look at me in horror if I present any of those vegetables to them on a plate. Good way to get some nutrition in. Done!
    4. Put a begging call out for Apple keyboards. Done, and a borrowed keyboard is headed my way on Monday, so at least we have a little breathing room.
    5. Email to chase a return that went back over a week ago and still has no notification. Chased up, they are saying it didn't arrive, I now need to hunt down the proof of postage. Grrrr.

To do this week::
    I know I've done everything off this list so I'm not going to punish myself by copying and pasting on my phone.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Week 4: Day 1

Fourth week, and I'm still here. Can't believe it hasn't even been a full month yet since we set out on this journey, it feels like we've already had such a sea change in how we view our money (or lack thereof).

Need to get some work done today, but must try to make some time to make some more candles, it's been on my list since Friday. I really love the extra special feel of having lovely candles burning, and I have set an absolute ban on buying any while I have the ingredients in the house to make them.

To Do today:
    1. Social media while working.
    2. Make candles.
    3. Menu plan and shopping list
    4. input shopping list into MySupermarket and do my usual shenanigans to get it as low as possible. DH is taking the children away next week, so it shouldn't be too horrendous.
    5. Plan out my working time this week.

To do this week::
    1. Look into changing bank accounts and decide whether we want the hassle (I rather like having all our accounts available under one login, not sure I want to open up three new accounts).
    2. Make the statement payment to the barclaycard (it will come out by DD if I don't pay it manually, but I like to get everything lined up as early as possible so it makes my YNAB look prettier).
    3. List old unloved handbag on eb@y.
    4. Order birthday presents for child 2 and child 3.
    5. Plan birthday parties so anything needed can be ordered in.
    6. Declutter one room - I feel like the clutter in the house is bothering me again, it's been building up over the past few weeks.
    7. Take lots of photos for social media at an event I'm going to on Thursday.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Morning ToP,

Glad you managed to get a keyboard short term and good luck in finding a good secondhand one.

You've come a long way since you started your journey, I love your posts as they spur me on to keep going.

Looks like you've a busy week ahead xx
  • Ooh, have just made my barclaycard payment for the month, plus a couple of quid extra, and the debt is so close to getting below £66,000! Going to try to wrangle that extra £82.01 out of the budget in the next few days.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Right, you have inspired me, I'm going to make my own candles.

Brace yourself for MANY a question.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Ooh, have just made my barclaycard payment for the month, plus a couple of quid extra, and the debt is so close to getting below £66,000! Going to try to wrangle that extra £82.01 out of the budget in the next few days.

I'm sure you can do it :T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Im sure you can find the extra £82.01 TOPM :D:T xx
    Mummytogirls x

• boxofpaws wrote: »
    Right, you have inspired me, I'm going to make my own candles.

Brace yourself for MANY a question.
    I'm no expert, but happy to offer any advice I can!
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ooh, have just made my barclaycard payment for the month, plus a couple of quid extra, and the debt is so close to getting below £66,000! Going to try to wrangle that extra £82.01 out of the budget in the next few days.

We'll done! :T:T:T
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    :T Home made candles I like that idea too. :T

May need to look this up
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories