IR & SLC (Wales) are watching you!

DD graduated last summer and started work in August. A week after first payday letter from SLC to say IR had informed them she was working and setting out earning/repayment thresholds.

Last payday October as she took some time out to go abroad travelling. She'd barely left British soil and letter from SLC asking how she was supporting herself and to return form with details or else!!!!

She's now returned from travelling and was first paid 2 weeks ago (she's agency so paid weekly). Today letter from SLC saying we know you are working again and setting out thresholds again.

I have to say I'm impressed that 2 Govt.bodies are so on the ball communicating with each other.
:) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you're going to get on your high horse it's best to be correct in what you are talking about, Inland Revenue hasn't existed in the UK since 2005 when it merged with HM Customs and Excise to form HMRC.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    agrinnall wrote: »
    If you're going to get on your high horse it's best to be correct in what you are talking about, Inland Revenue hasn't existed in the UK since 2005 when it merged with HM Customs and Excise to form HMRC.
    I'm not on my high horse I'm saying I'm impressed there is timely communication between two Govt. bodies as from experience of dealing with Tax Office there isn't much between self assessment and PAYE!

PS I think you have clearly evidenced that most people understand what Govt. body I meant by Inland Revenue even if they are not as old as me!:p
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never understood how HMRC can lose track of multi nationals tax affairs for years but spot a graduates small pay rise within a week :rotfl:
  • Piscean1991
    Piscean1991 Posts: 423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've never understood how HMRC can lose track of multi nationals tax affairs for years but spot a graduates small pay rise within a week :rotfl:

This.

:rotfl:

So true. I had them pestering me a couple of years ago when I was unemployed and threatening to make me start paying the student loan back.

I'd decided not to claim benefits because the man in the job centre made me feel like something on the bottom of his shoe. I embraced frugality and eked out savings instead but kept my pride and didn't have to jump through anybody's flaming hoops.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure