What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 16th October?

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    how frustrating FVD! Hopefully it's just teething problems and once you're up and running things will go smoothly x

foxgloves hope everything went as well as it could yesterday, and you are taking extra special care of yourself at the moment x

Hi & welcome Tink_04

jeez I'm not feeling good :( going to have to call in sick - again :( and am supposed to be going to a conference on Thursday but it will mean leaving the house before 5 and not getting back until after 9 pm and I'm worried that will be too much for me, given I'm supposed to be taking it easy.... Argh I hate phoning in sick!

So will be a day at home for me & not too much achieved

will make some heinzesque tomato soup. Get mince out of freezer for oh & madam's tea, put a batch of bean chilli in the s/c for me

watch a film/listen to audio book/knit

I suppose the silver lining is I won't be spending any money!

check onepoll

depending on how I feel I might make the sugar scrub and put together the hamper for cm

That seems loads given how I'm feeling
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 October 2017 at 7:49AM
    Options
    DNMS I hope u are feeling better soon. I'm another very resistant to the dentists injections(will have to go to the hospital in future). The very last time I had max dose, it had no effect, he couldn't get the tooth out and I had a meeting later on. They found it very funny at the meeting having to get me a straw for my drink and I kept dribbling. Looking back it was funny but in reality it is a very unpleasant experience and it does make u feel really cr***y after
    tinks welcome. This is a fab thread, lots of good advice and support........it keeps me on the straight and narrow!
    foxgloves thinking of you. I hope that yesterday went the best it could for you x
    FVD I've only put a few bits on Amazon to sell as a basic seller, ive hated it, everything is so complicated. My DD gets prime free for 6 months as a student and put it on my Amazon account only they charged me even though it also said in the next sentence that I had student prime on my account for free. I did manage to sort it out and I'm getting a refund but the student prime has come off-im really not that bothered as it was too much hassle. DD was going to check with her flatmates to make sure they weren't being charged.
    I hope everyone stayed safe last night. Winds were really bad here. Had a check before round before going to bed, apart from the recycling boxes everything was good.
    Normal routine to do today.
    Cat cleaning will be sorted in the minute
    Meeting tonight.
    No spend today.
    Banking all checked and some bills paid.when cooking yesterday, had plenty for a leftover meal for today which will be handy before the meeting.
    No heating on
    Some paperwork to do and emails to answer but hoping to plod on with a bit more housework and sorting out upstairs-things still not put away after decorating.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Frugalistas,
    Ouch, DNMS, re rhe tooth! I had to have one extracted a few years ago & remember warning the dentist about the language he was about to hear........
    Thanks for all your kind thoughts yesterday. It was a difficult day......one thing I can definitely say is that Barry M Showgirl mascara is definitely waterproof! It all went well - just so sad to accept we'll never see our Dad again.
    So today.....a few jobs this morning, just routine stuff...laundry, baking bread, making a nice spicy rice with last of the rubber chicken, tidying, then I intend to make a cafetiere, watch a film & knit. Then a soak in the bath. I'm going to have a 'Treat myself gently' day. It worked on Sunday & I think it will work today.
    So I'm off to get the bread started. Am baking lovely loaves since I bought the Lekue thingy. Not missing the breadmaker machine at all.
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: DNMS I’m always amazed how having treatment on such a small area of our body can ave such an impact on our overall health for a few days. It really does wipe you out.

Foxgloves your day sounds like the perfect tonic

So me:

We’re considering another journey to use our passes again as the last two have been fantastic and the smalls thoroughly enjoyed them and some fab memories made. This is slightly less up and out today though so we have some down time this morning. We’ll take a picnic again to eat before we get on a short train journey at the other end and some snacks and drinks in my rucksack whilst we are out and about. Only train journey to pay for which will be super off peak (apparently) who knew there as such a thing :rotfl:
    Checked banking, moved some money to LPDF that I forgot :o was coming back to me
    Moved some money from some clothes pot back to current account
    More stewed plums on cheapie porridge for breakfast
    Make cake later if we’re not back too late
    Move some stuff back into our bedroom now it is surface dry so I can get in the bathroom properly :o
    Make a note to take my partnership return I did last night in to work next week to copy and then I can post.
    Think that’s about all for now,

Enjoy your day peeps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »

I am so close to just closing my account and putting them on eBay instead.

I used to sell secondhand books on Amazon, did so for several years. But they suddenly made it so difficult that I gave up and closed my seller account :(

The only issue with ebay (well, one of them...) is the costs for business sellers which hugely outweigh the fees for private sellers. I have now dumped my business account, as it just wasn't worth it for the few items I was selling.

Have you looked at sites such as Etsy for items you produce yourself?
  • uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2017 at 12:55PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well. DNMS I'm the same - the feeling after is terrible!

Today is unfortunately not going to be a NSD as few errands to run in town.

Today I have/will:

*[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]free hot drink in town[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]meals from stores - smoothie made this morning; lunch will be wraps; dinner TBC[/STRIKE] done
    *[STRIKE]friend coming round this evening and will stay in so that should stop me spending on food/drinks[/STRIKE] done
    *attack the garden! Looking a bit windswept!

Have a super day all,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Feeling a bit bleurrgh due to a cold (and not much sleep) this morning, so not a very ambitious list today:
    Ring magazine company to cancel subscription - done, but it took 3 phone calls because the numbers they supply on their letters and their web site are out of date :mad: No excuse for a company that calls itself Immediate Media! Anyway, done now, £38 staying in my bank instead of winging its way to theirs :)
    Chase yet more non paying ebay buyers :(
    Make leek and potato soup to use up leftover mashed potato lurking in the fridge - was going to do fishcakes, but decided I want soup. Using a couple of leeks from the garden, so hardly any cost involved!
    Go through the rest of the fridge to check if anything else needs using or freezing.
    OH can walk the dog today!
    Probably more of the stew I made a couple of days ago for dinner
    Order more parcel tape from ebay, no other spends intended!
    Have a sleep if I need to.
    Hope you feel better soon DNMS.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dawn, I have been reading a thread on seller central where everybody says their sales have fallen off a cliff in the last couple of months but that etsy is even worse. I think I'm going to convert my website to a shop via Wix and try promoting it on FB because that way I will at least keep all of the profit. Once payday comes I will join the card makers thingy and advertise on there for some agents, I was trying to avoid doing that because it sounds like an admin nightmare but the advice on Amazon seems to be not to put all your eggs in one basket.

I was up until the wee small hours so have slept late today. I need to drop off a UPS package and buy some milk as mine is borderline at the moment and I live for tea!

I started tidying my bedroom last night and the improvement has given me the impetus to continue today, it's not money saving (though it's not money spending either!) but I think some order in the room that's supposed to be for relaxing in will be good for my MH.

I have some bits to list on FB and eBay, I need to get some money in though payday from job 1 is approaching with one weeks money from old job coming a week after that.

One of my friends is doing a craft fair soon, it's on a Saturday so out of the question for me but I might ask if she would have room for a few cards if I contribute towards the pitch fee with her.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Freeby30
    Options
    Just catching up with the thread, inspiring seeing all the productivity!

Such inspired that I've dug the biggest pot out I could find and there's currently a weeks worth of lunch soup slowly boiling in the background :)
    My daughter is off for the October week but it's been extremely windy here (as will be the case in most places) so staying indoors for today. Will see what the weather allows us tomorrow :)

J
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: DNMS I’m always amazed how having treatment on such a small area of our body can ave such an impact on our overall health for a few days. It really does wipe you out.

Foxgloves your day sounds like the perfect tonic

So me:

We’re considering another journey to use our passes again as the last two have been fantastic and the smalls thoroughly enjoyed them and some fab memories made. This is slightly less up and out today though so we have some down time this morning. We’ll take a picnic again to eat before we get on a short train journey at the other end and some snacks and drinks in my rucksack whilst we are out and about. Only train journey to pay for which will be super off peak (apparently) who knew there as such a thing :rotfl:
    Checked banking, moved some money to LPDF that I forgot :o was coming back to me
    Moved some money from some clothes pot back to current account
    More stewed plums on cheapie porridge for breakfast
    Make cake later if we’re not back too late
    Move some stuff back into our bedroom now it is surface dry so I can get in the bathroom properly :o
    Make a note to take my partnership return I did last night in to work next week to copy and then I can post.
    Think that’s about all for now,

Enjoy your day peeps.
    Erm, slightly epic fail on the day out. About 30minutes in, warning light came on car. Tyre deflected in less than a minute. 45minutes later on the side of a very must motorway entertaining the small in the high wind (thank goodness for picnic and snacks) rescue man came out. Then the tricky bit, an hour of driving slowly on loaned tyre to 2 garages for replacements. Then I had to go pick DH and smalls up (had left them at a pub as I didn’t know how lon* it would take). So 4 hours after we left we got back home :eek:

Was a bit of adventure for the smalls I guess, just not quite what we had planned!

Other jobs done and DH painted one wall of bedroom and I spent half an hour tidying the garden. Looks much better.

Also had. Along hot bath, bit of a luxury but doesn’t happen often. At least I was able to use up a couple of different potions ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure