Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• WanderingWalter
    Options
    No success for me with VM, been a customer for 4 years but 12 months ago removed the TIVO Box and just kept BB and Phone with them and got a fairly good deal for 12 months. That has now ended and despite a call from the retention team after a few days I was not happy with the offer, so decided to continue to leave VM.

I have since phoned back twice to see what the offer was again as the guy from the retention team was a little vague, but trying to get information out of the staff is just a joke.

I could have been interested in taking back a TV Package with them, but instead it is off to pastures new.
  • nordberg
    nordberg Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    I gave notice to leave VM back in October. My cut off date was supposed to be Dec 22(ish) but for some unknown reason, they decided to cut my landline the first week of December.

I called their CS who apologized profusely and reinstated it. I then got into conversation with the rep and told him how unhappy I was and this made me even more pleased to be leaving. He assured me he'd get someone to contact me and sure enough, 5 mins later, outbound retentions called me.

To cut a long story short, I got the following:
    • Full House TV
    • Sky Cinema HD
    • Sky Sports HD
    • BT Sports HD
    • Vivid 200 BB
    • Talk More Anytime
    • V6 box and installation
    ..all for £42 p/mth on a 12mth contract. Pretty pleased with that. I had to haggle for the V6 box, but got there eventually.
    Installation next weekend. Hopefully the V6 will be an improvement over the woeful TiVo (which is being relegated to the bedroom).
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    No success for me with VM, been a customer for 4 years but 12 months ago removed the TIVO Box and just kept BB and Phone with them and got a fairly good deal for 12 months. That has now ended and despite a call from the retention team after a few days I was not happy with the offer, so decided to continue to leave VM.

I have since phoned back twice to see what the offer was again as the guy from the retention team was a little vague, but trying to get information out of the staff is just a joke.

I could have been interested in taking back a TV Package with them, but instead it is off to pastures new.

What was the best deal they offered you for just phone and BB mate? I'm in a similar situation - about to give my notice now and only want BB but would have phone too if it made it cheaper.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • hpmann
    hpmann Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Retentions called me today - £20 for 75 meg broadband and a new superhub 3 on a 12 month contract

Probably not the best deal, but I'm happy because if I went elsewhere I'd be looking at a max speed of 2 meg with other providers!!
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Lifes_Grand_Plan Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 January 2017 at 4:39PM
    Options
    hpmann wrote: »
    Retentions called me today - £20 for 75 meg broadband and a new superhub 3 on a 12 month contract

Probably not the best deal, but I'm happy because if I went elsewhere I'd be looking at a max speed of 2 meg with other providers!!

That seems like a good deal to me, i'd be happy if they offer me that when I leave.

My current package is £22.99 a month for 50mb, line rental and talk weekends. I didn't want and don't use the phone so really £23 a month for 50mb BB although saying that I did get a £50 bill credit and possibly cashback when I signed up too. So overall probably less then £20 a month, but I think after the 12m it is due to go up to £35 or something daft!

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    50mb offer ending soon, was going from £20 to £38. I've given notice to quit to see what they offer. It's £25 through USwitch for 50mb, could even refer myself too. See what the next few weeks bring.
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    50mb offer ending soon, was going from £20 to £38. I've given notice to quit to see what they offer. It's £25 through USwitch for 50mb, could even refer myself too. See what the next few weeks bring.

Exactly the same scenario for me earlier today so my notice has gone in. Offers they were making me on that call were £35+ for 50mb.

Got my eye on PlusNet at the moment = £25 per month for 39mb Fibre.

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with getting your cards!

Make sure you leave after 12m
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Bye bye Virgin Media, sorry you could not keep me but your retention deal was rubbish, so I've got to BT who gave me an excellent deal with a £125 mastercard and money with quidco, as well as throwing in a cheap BT mobile sim along with an amazon £90 gift card!

How did you get all that mate?

• roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nordberg wrote: »
    I gave notice to leave VM back in October. My cut off date was supposed to be Dec 22(ish) but for some unknown reason, they decided to cut my landline the first week of December.

I called their CS who apologized profusely and reinstated it. I then got into conversation with the rep and told him how unhappy I was and this made me even more pleased to be leaving. He assured me he'd get someone to contact me and sure enough, 5 mins later, outbound retentions called me.

To cut a long story short, I got the following:
    • Full House TV
    • Sky Cinema HD
    • Sky Sports HD
    • BT Sports HD
    • Vivid 200 BB
    • Talk More Anytime
    • V6 box and installation
    ..all for £42 p/mth on a 12mth contract. Pretty pleased with that. I had to haggle for the V6 box, but got there eventually.
    Installation next weekend. Hopefully the V6 will be an improvement over the woeful TiVo (which is being relegated to the bedroom).
    Hi, can I ask if youve had to pay the £50 + £15 installation, or did you get taht "Free". Every one you speak to at VM seems to have a different idea, example Ive been told I cant have one V6, it has to be 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback