amazon ! how to refine search to view UK sellers items only ?

Options
2»

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh I see. I have always avoided them for fear of being caught by ex-ebay sellers who've been banned for poor performance or quality issues.
    As above Amazon is, or can be, stricter than Ebay. If anything it's harder to start selling on Amazon.
    Many marketplace sellers have a faster (and cheaper) service than Amazon and offer more products. I can't remember the statistic but it's quite low the actual percentage of items on Amazon that Amazon sell themselves.
    I'm often surprised that some buyers pay more for Amazon to send than for me to send (I have all products listed as sent by me or Amazon, at the same price. Non-prime customers have to pay Amazon postage for sub £20 total purchases).
  • makeyourdaddyproud
    Options
    But isn't return postage on Amazon products free without quibble ?

Wouldn't marketplace sellers tried to deny you free return postage ?
  • Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But isn't return postage on Amazon products free without quibble ?

Wouldn't marketplace sellers tried to deny you free return postage ?

It is and no, sellers can't do that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14027801#returns

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3149431

"A buyer should return a defective, damaged or materially different item within 45 days of receipt of the item. You should also refund both the original (outbound) shipping costs and any return shipping costs the buyer had to pay to return the item.
    You are responsible for any losses of items that are collected by your shipper or where the buyer has returned the item using a prepaid label that you have provided.
    We therefore recommend that you use a method that includes signature on delivery for products valued over £20.00.
    If you refuse to accept the return of an item and Amazon.co.uk determines that it is defective, damaged or materially different, you may be held responsible for any A-to-z Guarantee claim or charge dispute filed for the transaction.
    This policy applies to all categories of products on sale on Amazon.co.uk."

The law says a business seller must pay for postage. Amazon require all sellers to pay for postage on returns.

If you change your mind, except for a few categories, then you would have to pay postage for a return and there is no law that requires a seller to pay it. However, that's only fair really and it's the case for many sites. Some sellers may still pay for return postage though.
  • makeyourdaddyproud
    Options
    It is and no, sellers can't do that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14027801#returns

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=3149431

"A buyer should return a defective, damaged or materially different item within 45 days of receipt of the item. You should also refund both the original (outbound) shipping costs and any return shipping costs the buyer had to pay to return the item.
    You are responsible for any losses of items that are collected by your shipper or where the buyer has returned the item using a prepaid label that you have provided.
    We therefore recommend that you use a method that includes signature on delivery for products valued over £20.00.
    If you refuse to accept the return of an item and Amazon.co.uk determines that it is defective, damaged or materially different, you may be held responsible for any A-to-z Guarantee claim or charge dispute filed for the transaction.
    This policy applies to all categories of products on sale on Amazon.co.uk."

The law says a business seller must pay for postage. Amazon require all sellers to pay for postage on returns.

If you change your mind, except for a few categories, then you would have to pay postage for a return and there is no law that requires a seller to pay it. However, that's only fair really and it's the case for many sites. Some sellers may still pay for return postage though.

That's useful to know, thank you.

Dan
  • Murielson
    Options
    Helpful topic found via Google. I am trying to find items with quick delivery time using something like an advanced search but nothing doing.

Sorting by lowest price is not much use if you want goods quickly and then have to wade through many foreign, mostly Asian sellers with long lead times.

No problems with foreign sellers as a rue as I use them often when no pressure on delivery dates.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly and just for other people's benefit OLD THREAD ALERT
    Murielson wrote: »
    Helpful topic found via Google. I am trying to find items with quick delivery time using something like an advanced search but nothing doing.

Sorting by lowest price is not much use if you want goods quickly and then have to wade through many foreign, mostly Asian sellers with long lead times.

No problems with foreign sellers as a rue as I use them often when no pressure on delivery dates.

I will no longer buy from Amazon marketplace sellers as even those showing quick delivery times and a UK address often turn out to be faking it and you end up waiting for weeks for a Far East delivery. I have complained to Amazon about this on 2 occasions, my '5 day arrival' estimate switched to 30 days after I purchased so I couldn't even open a case, and the Amazon response was that a UK seller can legitimately show a UK address but if they don't hold the stock here, or have run out then they can legitimately get it sent from overseas, and I should be grateful they are trying to source my item and not just cancelling the sale.

so, no more marketplace buying for me.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Firstly and just for other people's benefit OLD THREAD ALERT

I will no longer buy from Amazon marketplace sellers as even those showing quick delivery times and a UK address often turn out to be faking it and you end up waiting for weeks for a Far East delivery. I have complained to Amazon about this on 2 occasions, my '5 day arrival' estimate switched to 30 days after I purchased so I couldn't even open a case, and the Amazon response was that a UK seller can legitimately show a UK address but if they don't hold the stock here, or have run out then they can legitimately get it sent from overseas, and I should be grateful they are trying to source my item and not just cancelling the sale.

so, no more marketplace buying for me.
    As a (modest and) remarkably good marketplace seller I do find it infuriating that overseas sellers aren't more clearly marked. I've been caught out as a buyer and know how easy it is. I really don't know why they don't do anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure