PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Meatballs using quorn mince?

Does anyone have a recipe for some slimming world friendly meatballs?

I was going to buy the ones they sell but thought it would be better to make my own especially as I have a lot of quorn mince in the freezer.

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    I do have a recipe somewhere....(famous last words), but, until it appears I'll try and remember what I can.

Finely chop an onion.
    Mix that with the quorn mince and some chopped herbs.
    Season with salt and pepper.
    Beat an egg and add a little at a time to the quorn mixture mixing it in.

When the mix sticks together, get a small amount in your hands and form into a ball.
    Put into the fridge to chill until needed.

Put a tomato sauce/passata mix into a pan and add the meatballs and cook through.

I've not tried this with Quorn, so can't really comment on how well it will stick together in a ball shape. :confused:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There's a recipe for slimming world meatballs posted by Fiesty Fairy here that uses quorn and another one here posted by consultant1 who is a slimming world consultant that uses meat of your choice so I imagine you could substitute with quorn.

Pink
  • sianb84
    sianb84 Posts: 445 Forumite
    whatatwit - thanks I will give those a try

pink-winged - unfortuntely the first link is for using the pre-made meatballs. I will try the recipe in the second link if whatatwit's doesn't work.

Thank you
  • dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A quick question; does anybody know if it's possible to make meatball style things out of Quorn mince or TVP please? Any ideas or recipes? Would be very grateful!

Thank you!

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I cheat and buy the Quorn ready made swedish meatballs as I could never get them to stick with egg/breadcrumbs even tried sweet potato mashed up but they just fell apart. Would love to know if anyone has done it successfully
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I keep seeing that Jamie Oliver ad and for some reason it has made me fancy meatballs and pasta!! I don't eat meat but wondered if it is possible to use quorn mince. Has anyone got a recipe I could use?
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    This was mentioned on the million ways with menice type thread a week or so ago, so somebodys tried it. I would like to try this too - excellent for Slimming World green days - OH would love me forever! :rotfl:
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    Quorn meatballs are yummy the ones they sell ready made and as far as I know very low in fat
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/5/1/2916593.html

But yes you can buy Quorn Meatballs ready made. Surely a veggie burger recipe but rolled into ball would work?
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Lyndsay_21
    Lyndsay_21 Posts: 816 Forumite
    also asda do a meat free meatball which are loads better than quorn and much cheaper
    Other women want a boob job. Honey the only silicone i'm interested in is on a 12 cup muffin tray, preferably shaped like little hearts :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure