PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Good stuff, DfV! :j
  • Stuff your cabbages, that is just ...

PM2DD When you went through Luton Bloody Airport, did you think BoP retirement plan and pension? BoP currently working on a kite project at the mill.

Mila. I’d keep the beach ready viewing gogs for your DD. She’ll need them to keep cool at her place! On that, there may not be an eclipse, but I am sure that the moon has a decent crescent!

5 Last night at the gym, oh and by the way, the gym is next to a mill as well, and yes there is water flowing pass it as well, BoP was well sweated. More later! Tight this morning but you will need to see Mila about them gogs!

4 Watched the cricket last night. Cocoa, proper, not that foamed variety with added sugar. Cheese was also taken.

3 Its POETS weekend today. Damping the fires down at the mill ready to be out at the weekend. Got note to do the now. Was heading off into town but the stuck up their nose brigade will be out. The ones that come for the weekend thinking this is the country. They’ll be blocking the pavement greasy spoon, artisan cafe to you, with their cheap perfume and plonk. The ones that give no kit about the local butcher, yet throw their money at the so called farmer’s racket. Yes it is their festival. Come Monday, they will be gone for another year and at the same time added nothing to the economy of the local people! You know it as Stroud, it has bin on ogle box!

Then I thought Glawster, just nearer on the Big Warster train! But instead of some seas faring affair, we will have a show on piracy instead. These people need to go to the horn of Africa and the Malaccan Strait. They would not think the same. Perhaps I can find my old Dire Straits T Shirt, the latest hits one with the ships sunk on the Straits of Hormuz. Bit faded now! Listed the boats that the Iranians sank!

2 Morrow instead, I will duvet time in bed! I as the yard to do in the morning and house shuffle. Then this year we would have completed the decoration upstairs.

Forget it, I’m getting off here
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Well done Master Frith! Sorry to hear Mr LurcherWalker isn't well MLW :( You'll be in my thoughts.

1) Washing hanging in the breeze
    2) A decent declutter. House is nearly back to it's minimalist self. Hurrah! Space and calm!
    3) Courgettes, cucumbers and tomatoes from in laws green house
    4) Homemade bread for breakfast. I've been making it for years, but it's still a treat.
  • Thanks for all your lovely and very welcome good wishes, they worked and my poor operated on boy was let out at lunchtime. He's a little bit sore and uncomfortable but so much better than either of us had expected it's amazing. Keyhole surgery is far less invasive and much kinder than conventional surgery. He had a nice doze while we walked the Cookie dog and we picked up 600g of lovely ripe hazel nuts from the footpath we walked along, win-win!!! He'll be so much better for a decent nights sleep and my Oh so practical DD will go home tomorrow and I'll mke sure HWK doesn't try to do too much too soon and set himself back!

The bad news ..... they found he had another smaller hernia on the other side so in the not too distant future we get to play this game all over again.....Ne'mind we'll cope! xxx.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2017 at 11:11PM
    Glad to hear MrLW is on the mend.

Mila - is the storm going to affect you?

Pleasures for today (Friday):

1) A lie in.

2) Porridge for breakfast with some left for the hens.

3) Did a bit of weeding on the allotment, to make sure the sun (such as it is) can get to the pumpkins. We only grow them for Halloween really and have left 2 courgettes on to grow (40c long already) and they can be lanterns too.

4) Tasty lunch of HM veg chilli in burritos. (Or are burritos the finished article? Is the bready part a burrito or a tortilla or something else?!)

5) Went to my brother's to play table tennis.

6) Bigger son went to work and it wasn't too busy this evening.
  • 5 Morning. Saturday and fest of best back, toms, fried tatties, mushrooms and egg slapped on buttered toast! Tum is rubbed!

4 Watching, avert your eyes &, the Kiwis being thumped in the rugby. More later. Twenty seconds in and the Aussies were in fir a try!

3 Back flip in as mse still not letting BoP post in a normal manner. There are ways of beating softies!

2 Night should be on the big Warster train coming home from town! BoPsie remarked as she worked on pay for years that she used to hear people get upset because they had no money for the weekend as they are paid on 31st. This weekend is one of them!

Aussies still 17 7 up!
  • Kiwis just scored a try!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well bop, after v. early big trailer run to-the-dump-to-the-dump-to-the-dump-dump-dump, here is & outside The Alma, waiting to go in and see it AS live. Missed last week, 11 bells start, so arrived, but this week that's an hour early, it transpires.
    Listening to willows and leather smacks until patron Dave opens hostelry.
    Had best not read any more live coverage here.

& fancies Mila's OH's reaction to &'s Black Ferns slamming around with little Albion rosebuds ce soir.
    Back later.
    #
    Sweet Saturdays to all.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MrLW - get well soon please and DON'T do too much!!

Mila - I'm so angry on behalf of your daughter, and I hope she can find a decent lawyer to fight and win her case x

1. £5.60 into Marmite jar - change in purse plus online survey payment. Yay!

2. Sunshine yesterday, much welcomed.

3. Wore a new to me sunny weather top and felt rather swanky in it.

4. Heinz cupasoups at 5 packs for £3 - a fab school lunch warmer, duly bought (and some for KW)

5. KW very kindly power washed my car for me :)

6. Missed out on the £20/6 bottles of prosecco at Lidl this morning, BUT did buy lots of yummy dried fruit and cartons of apple juice for DD and my forthcoming trip to London. We will enjoy those before putting our hands in our pockets.

7. ExOH has paid his maintenance, phew! The car fund is now topped back up.

8. Very exciting - KW and I (well, him really), have got an allotment!!! He only went on the list in February so we were expecting it to take years. We're not sure where on the plot it is, and what we're allowed to have there, but hopefully a shed and maybe chickens will feature.

PM to all keen fruit and veggie growers - what can we plant now? or is it just a clearing out the rubbish time of year as the allotment is likely to be very overgrown? (KW noticed that there were lots of derelict looking allotments).

We're soooooooooooooo excited!! I can't wait to get the key and go exploring. We've got fold up chairs, and I'm hoping for wifi access (it's in a very urban area so not within the realms of impossibility) so that I will be able to work there from time to time :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 August 2017 at 4:42PM
    1. et-wo ))))))
    &'s ABs do it:-)))).
    Boy Beauden has his good boy booties on. Bernard for Wobblies, who usually does, didn't.
    What a match!!!
    Bledisloe Cup is safe in &'s hands for another year.
    In The Alma, & is open to felicitation. Also somewhat exhausted. Must have the scream and urge and yell and shout all back in gwo pour ce soir. GO ABs! will convert to GO FERNS!
    & IS permitted back in. Patron says)))
    What a glorious advertisement for the great game of ballon ovale.
    Not too strong for your oh, I hope, Mrs LW:-)
    Catharsis reigns.

2. Friday lessons continue with emigr! family in town of horse. All children show endeavour, even when starting tired, following afternoon swimming. Breakthrough last night with youngest. Started last week, dictation using alphabet, not phonics, for spelling. & is old school. Don't confuse a learner: name the letter needed. Variations required in pronunciation are subsequent learnt functions. & made alphabet song with fingers beating rhythm, rhymes. From a ? and answer, came last night's little poem, became dictation. H is just 6, beginning to enjoy mastery of little moments and big punctuation, find magic in it all. Last night's exclamation marks were a favourite, correctly chosen and used.

3. 2 fathers and 2 sons are here at SRUFC, playing, kicking, practising in good earnest. Lovely to see. Some white-lining is in place. AGM next Saturday. And Brathwaite's fabulous 6 for his 100 is great to hear. 206-3. Good commentary from GB rhubarb stick.

4. Super reply from Irish G at Orslev Kloster. All bkd out to end of September, but linked 4 nearby alternatives which are fine. However things pan out, & won't be turned away.

5. A moment of realising I'm managing and probably still can. Grateful.
    #
    It is so good to read of the results that were needed, here on this good thread.

Lainey - have indeed sent thoughts out to your friend, while others canter forth with Lulu.

Kk - wouldn't dare suggest plantings and doings atm, as nothing seems to behave, keep season any more. You will all have a great get-fit learning curve, avec produce, even gluts! All your KW mentions are heartening. Well done on receiving some maintenance. Not so &. More Rob Titchner(don't care about spelling)
    Pk- ((())) for you all, with your Dad. Ditto vl, with mil. Vjm's mil moments are of a different order:-)
    #
    Mila - I wish I could garland your daughter and that some keen young lawyer can do the business for her. I ask genuinely: is there ANY way, ANY thing we can do - petition sign? turn up spotlight? start up either? to focus clear light where it needs to be AND place her in any valued and respected work situation?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback