IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court Claim. BW Legal on behalf of Excel Parking

Options

Comments

• Northlakes
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    @Lamilad

Ever thought about being a lawyer, that is brilliant, congrats.

I see no reason why the same cannot be used in all BWLegal timewasting rubbish.

Excel should think carefully about any future "try on's" as this will cost them money by using such a poor solicitor

Maybe you should advise the SRA which confirms the predatory tactics used by BWLegal in an attempt to extort money

Let us hope that the court system now recognises that these firms are wasting court time and only using them as a cash cow

You could argue that the solicitor was extorting money from his client, who he/she should have a professional duty of care, particularly in these cases where POFA hasn't been applied and the keeper is not the driver.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Looking at the company that employs Mr. P, it looks as though they are fairly new to the game. Their actual name is ELMS Legal (incorporated in 2014) but for some reason they call themselves ELMS Legal Ltd. 2016. Why the two names?

They are based about half a mile from where I live. They don't have their own office, but just rent some space in the Northgate Business Centre in Newark where you can rent offices by the month.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Looking at the company that employs Mr. P, it looks as though they are fairly new to the game. Their actual name is ELMS Legal (incorporated in 2014) but for some reason they call themselves ELMS Legal Ltd. 2016. Why the two names?

They are based about half a mile from where I live. They don't have their own office, but just rent some space in the Northgate Business Centre in Newark where you can rent offices by the month.

I wonder if they're a subsidiary of excel. ELMS could stand for Excel Litigation Management Services or something like that... Just a thought
  • trisontana
    Options
    According to Companies House the company has just one director (not Mr P) and changed its name from "Landlords Lawyer" in 2015. It used to be based in Boreham Wood, Herts.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ELMS Legal Ltd is regulated for Civil Litigation and Advocacy under number 2164466 by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives ("CILEx"). They only have one Practitioner, (the sole Director):-
    http://www.cilex.org.uk/about-cilex-lawyers/cilex-practitioners-directory
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies for coming to the party late - but well done !

Having read all this thread, especially the details of what happened in court, I find it rather ridiculous that a 'defendant' has to almost obtain a degree in law to defend an alleged parking contravention that occurred outside their own home.

I think that once your cases are finally dealt with, then your case files showing how much work you have had to endure to defend these cases should be sent to Prime Minister May, to show how absurd the whole sham has become.

At least when we had clamping, they either caught you on the day and that was the end of it, it certainly wasn't hanging over you for the next 6 years !
  • trisontana
    Options
    This once again highlights the total misuse and hijacking of the Small Claims Court by PPCs and their debt collectors. I seem to remember that when the SCC was first introduced it was for the ordinary person in the street to get cheap justice without having to employ costly lawyers.

Now it's being used as a way of hammering that person who probably has very little (if any) law training. On the other side you have the PPC bully-boys who employ legally trained people to fight their case. One sided or not?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    This once again highlights the total misuse and hijacking of the Small Claims Court by PPCs and their debt collectors. I seem to remember that when the SCC was first introduced it was for the ordinary person in the street to get cheap justice without having to employ costly lawyers.

Now it's being used as a way of hammering that person who probably has very little (if any) law training. On the other side you have the PPC bully-boys who employ legally trained people to fight their case. One sided or not?

Have you also noticed that hardly ever does a PPC representative turn up at the court (proper bully boy tactic to hide when the bullied one fights back)? Although Bouncy Kev did show up the other day, only to get his nose bloodied by his own counsel, Gladstones. Karma, or what?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Careful what anyone writes on the forum as Excel has permission to add selected postings to their documents for the hearing for the second case on 11/1/17

Do we know how Excel vs Lamilad Part 2 went?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Molts wrote: »
    Do we know how Excel vs Lamilad Part 2 went?
    I am sure Lamilad will update when decided...I know he went off forum and had BMPA assistance.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure