Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help

Options
Hi I've used Resolver to do 2 or 3 very very vague claims on miss selling PPI, unbelievably one of them has upheld and is sending a big fat cheque. This has spurred me on to cover every financial institution ive ever had dealings with and have now done about a dozen on Resolver. My question is that when you start a Resolver case you have the choice of which type of complaint you want to send, Miss Selling PPI, Plevin etc etc, till now ive done all under miss selling PPI , should I do another case to the same bank (or whatever) under Plevin or>?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you've been paid out for mis selling, you don't get a payout under Plevin.
  • Nick9967
    Nick9967 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maybe I wasn't clear, if I'm declined by an institution under a miss selling PPI complaint , can I re -complain to same people but use the Plevin template OR do that institution generally check all possible versions if you complain under miss selling PPI??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you're rejected, they will also check under Plevin.
  • Nick9967
    Nick9967 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ok thanks that's clear
  • gman41
    gman41 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I got rejected by Capital one CC for PPI but they wrote to me asking me to use Resolver for the Plevin, I put in the complaint and they paid up within 3 weeks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    gman41 wrote: »
    I got rejected by Capital one CC for PPI but they wrote to me asking me to use Resolver for the Plevin,
    The Bank wrote to you inviting you to use a third party E-mail template in order to complain? I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound at all correct. What exactly did their letter say? Did it really mention Resolver by name?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They have put a link to it on their website.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Chrissy175
    Options
    Hi folks - looking for advice! Myself & hubby got PPI repaid years ago - we were naïve as it was fairly new back then and we done it through a broker in Paisley so obviously paid a chunk to them!
    However, hubby received a letter today (07.11.17) from ClaimLion Law (seem legit - have Googled them - but they're not the original firm we used?) stating we can claim again under the Plevin rule! I can't remember if any of our original claims were refused to be honest. What worries me more is that this firm seems to have details of who we have borrowed from, such as Tesco Bank and Lloyds etc.. Their letter also suggests we can claim again as we MAY not have received the full amount of compensation?

Any thoughts of whether this is worth us looking at it again (off our own backs this time - not using a broker!)? And would it be worth doing under the 'Resolver' tool on MSE? Cheers

(On a side note - I had a 'Goldfish credit card years ago. I got a small PPI refund from them a while back after THEY contacted ME and asked me to complete a few simple details. Then about a month ago they sent me another cheque for £87 and quoted the Plevin ruling-again I didn't have to do anything - so big thumbs up to BarclayCard!)
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don't touch them with a bargepole.

I thought Plevin only applied to rejected complains, not successful ones....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    However, hubby received a letter today (07.11.17) from ClaimLion Law (seem legit - have Googled them - but they're not the original firm we used?) stating we can claim again under the Plevin rule!

No you cant. Plevin only applies to rejected complaints. Complaints that were upheld are not affected by Plevin for quite logical reasons.

Most people are going to be contacted automatically by the banks if Plevin applies. If a CMC was originally used, they cannot get a penny on the Plevin related refund unless they get their name attached to. So, many CMCs are currently contacting people to try and make out they are involved and therefore can take a cut from the redress. All quite dodgy really.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure