Lloyds ppi data search fee

Hi
My first post, so hope on right area.
We are in process of claiming mis-sold ppi with mortgage from Lloyds bank. The mortgage period was a few years ago (1980's) and have received a letter from PPI Customer Services saying "If you want to apply formally under the Data Protection Act, a fee of £10 per person is payable. Please note your request will not be processed until we've received this fee."
Is this kosher? Can they do this? Or is this just another ploy to wriggle out of paying?
Thanks
Look forward to your replies
Peter D

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 6,969
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yes they can and you should be aware that the majority of Mortgage PPI claims are unsuccessful

And if mortgage was through a broker even less chance.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Or is this just another ploy to wriggle out of paying?

What was the first one?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You're approaching this as if you are due a refund. You are not due anything,

You are complaining that a product was missold so you'd better get your complaint reasons sorted out too.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hi BoGof
    Ok thanks for that, probably not worth spending 20 quid then
  • Hi
    The first was I sent an email with my complaint and some relevant info like dates and policy numbers.
    Had a phone call saying as my mortgage was endowment policy was passed to the relevant dept.
    (I didn't have ppi on the endowment insurance, as I told them) In the meantime I was sent the form and the relevant dept said there was no need to fill in the form. Then I had a phone call from, I assume, the "relevant dept." saying I need to fill in the form and send it, and they don't know why I was advised not to. Just feel that delaying tactics are going on here.
  • Ok thanks for that, probably not worth spending 20 quid then
    Especially as PPI was not available until the very end of the 1980's, so you probably didn't even have it.
    Just feel that delaying tactics are going on here.

There are no "delaying tactics". Those were a feature of Bank charge complaints in the run up to the 2009 court case, but they are not applied to PPI complaints. If you have a valid PPI complaint, you'll be refunded without ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure