PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 30th October 2017

Comments

• Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd like to join you if that's okay. I used to follow this thread years ago but then stopped coming on these forums regularly. I desperately need to keep on top of the house! I've spent the entire day tidying and DS has basically looked after himself haha. Poor kid.

Marvellous Monday - Living Room

Level 1

Get a just-damp cloth and wipe remotes, switches and places where sticky fingers linger

Level 2

Dust sills and shelves
    Polish anything that needs polishing

Level 3

Wipe windows
    Dust lightshades
    Check dark corners for cobwebs
    Dust skirtings

extras

List of cards needed for November and December.
    Check all outside pipes and taps are protected against frost
    Put something warming in the slow cooker. Or learn how to use your oven timer so you can come home to hot Jacket potatoes in the oven!
    Re-read instructions to a complicated gadget to make sure you're getting the most from your appliances.
    Make sure central heating timer is set to GMT (we've just moved into a new house and I have no idea how to do this. I need to figure it out though as the hot water has just come on and it's too early!)
    Plan some MAD half hours for this week

I think this'll be where I finish today. Once DS is fed, bathed and in bed I never have any energy for housework. Right, off to make something for tea. See you tomorrow!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • Piggers - have a hug and a :coffee: love xx

Almost ready to sign off for the day. Kiddies fed, DW on again, all laundry put away. Fire lit and DH about to take DS to karate.

Might not get online tomorrow (off gallivanting in the day with a pal, and a Halloween party at night) but will at least get the dailies done.

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    if that's a vodka and lemonade in a mug I'm having it ATB... sometimes these things are just necessary!

Bed time in here.. they are being forcefed sandwiches and banished up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire! Ratbagging nuisances.. need to get Twinkle ready for bed too.. she can be forcefed some slop too.. she has been a nightmare with food lately again.. no wonder she is so tiny she barely eats a thing!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Dinner done here as well
    Clearing up to be done
    Dusted around
    Sorted more stuff out
    listed more on bay
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Welcome Pauper1 :wave: Have you tried Googling for the instructions for your central heating timer? Most are available as downloads on the manufacturers' websites nowadays.

(((Hugs))) pigpen. You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends.

I've completed almost all my list - just a bit more triffid hacking to be done tomorrow, as I've realised that DH usually puts the bins out last thing on a Tuesday evening, ready for emptying first thing *Wednesday* morning.
  • Is there a version of a flying list that can be done by a s*dding moron?

You know, the type of thing that includes schedules for washing up, putting bits of peelings and packets/tins into the bin whilst cooking, rather than leaving them on the side, wiping spills off the countertop before they're welded on, washing the washing up bowl and sink rather than attempting to wash things in a bowl coated in filth, not putting bits of food into the water and then wandering off until it goes soupy three days later and complaining that the sink is blocked/smells funny, putting clothes in the wash, drying them and putting them away, buying food, remembering that most people actually like to eat every day, cleaning up after oneself and not leaving the kitchen an unsanitary mess for five days, etc? And perhaps something about 'if this makes you feel hard done by, get a ****ing job'?

Never mind postponing the wedding. At this rate I'll be bringing forward the bit about being a widow without bothering to get married first.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,980 Forumite
    ionafan wrote: »
    (((Hugs))) pigpen. You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends. .

which would be great.. IF I had any friends!! lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know this is cheating but I did most of today's yesterday, luckily. So this is all I need to do today!

Twinkly Tuesday bathroom

step by step...

flush loo and glug loo cleaner therein
    fill sink with hot water, add cleaning liquid or get a bucket
    scrub loo bowl including under rim
    get a cloth, squeeze out in sink and wipe ALL THE OUTSIDE of the loo, cistern, handle, seat, lid. Rinse cloth. put cloth in washing machine
    empty sink.
    Get a new cloth.
    polish towel rail

MAD half hour - not sure what this will be, see what DS allows to happen. Might sort out The Box of Stuff in the living room.

ionafan thank you, will see if I can find a model name anywhere. It's super old!
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Morning,

I wasn't particularly taken with getting up at 6am this morning, after yet another rubbish night's sleep. I haven't figured out yet what is so thrilling about 3am that I have to be awake every morning to see it!

DD has been called twice already. It's only day 1 back !!

Lots of jobs planned today, including getting DD to the orthodontist later, which will involve a bit of a drive. Note to self - petrol needed into car! The list will hopefully be fitted in between jobs, as the bathroom needs a good clean now that finally there will be no one in all day to use it as soon as it has been freshly swiped.

Yesterday's MAD was spent planting tulip bulbs finally. Job ticked off, so thank you Valli for the reminder. Still thinking about today's...
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    which would be great.. IF I had any friends!! lol

Well, you choose to post on this forum, so...

:beer:
    (mug of vodka and lemonade if you prefer)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure