Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Thank you xxx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    :) Hi Hannah, congrats on your pregnancy xx
    I will subscribe to your diary we can spur each other on x
    Enjoy your holiday :)
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,289
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What a good diary, I'll be following your progress.

I have a 2 year old soon as well, would like another one day but at the moment we pay £760 a month in childcare so have to wait until he goes to school
  • Enjoyed reading your diary so far :) Hope you've had a great holiday and congratulation on your new addition joining you soon. I've subscribed to cheer you on xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Hey guys,

In the car on the way home 122 of 300 miles left in Friday night traffic! Fun times! My stint of driving is done now and DS is looking like he'll nap so thought id check in. No wifi all week has been hard!
    Just stopped at services so DS could run around and me use the loo! We spent £6 on a sandwich each and nanny treated DS to a happy meal....his first ever one. I've not mentioned me and DP are both manager at Mc's so used my discount card to get my mum a meal for £3. We are sooo sick of the food we couldn't face it.

So we had a great time Rambleham thank you for the tips. We went to Westward Ho it was a beautiful beach. We've got about £50 left from our spending money budget so may do a little something on DS's 2nd birthday Wednesday. I think we got the right balance between eating and taking picnics along with a couple of nice meals out along the way. We've not had a holiday for 4 years so it was areal treat to let our hair down.

As we set off last Friday morning the car's emission light was in as it didn't have any go in it:mad: Luckily we have cover with our bank account. It was a stressful hours wait for the mechanic as I was worried it would be a big costly job which we don't really have the money for. The car was all packed up ready to go and I'd just dragged DS out of bed at 5am!! Thankfully it was just a coil or something which he guy fixed at our house and charged us £54 for the part. Phew! That takes our car fund back down but at least the money was there. I could do with a few months car trouble free to get a bit more in the pot.

Soooo it's DS's party Sunday we have invited all this little friends about 10 but that also means about 20 adults coming along for the ride! We decided to do a BBQ at home to save on a venue etc but think next year we'll hire a hall and just do food for the kiddies so will probably cost about the same. I placed a food order to arrive tomorrow as I thought I'd be shattered and need to get on top of all the holiday washing. I think I've probably spent £100 in total on food and decorations etc so hopefully when it all arrives I'm happy it's enough and won't have to pop out tomorrow. We did think about not having a party due to costs but he has so many little friends and his party last year was lovely. I love looking back at he photos and hope he will one day too. Does anyone else use free prints? It's an app on your phone you get 50 free prints a months it's a good way of keeping on-top of photo albums. You have to pay postage but I think that's only £3.

Can't think what else to write and worries I'm rambling so I'll sign off now. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • After reading through all your diaries on the way home I worked out that we should have a bit spare in the joint account before I get paid again and my account had £20 extra so I cleared the Next account...tempted to close this. Does anyone know if I cut back the amount of available credit to me to much it'll effect my report negatively? I've already closed 2 old CC's totalling £4000 credit this month. Excited to see my noodle report in 4 days. Also paid £20 off my overdraft normally any money spare in this account I'll nip into and spend.

Bedtime here x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Right so my good delivery has shown to and now I'm worrying we do r have enough food.....if anyone reads this what do you think?
    18 meat eating adults invite 10 kids mostly under 2 but one 6 year old.

I have 24 burgers (nice big Angus ones As*da had ran out of the extra special ones that were on offer for £2 so they sent £3.75 ones for the same price winner)
    36 sausages
    24 chicken drum sticks
    I'll even making a big bowl of potato salad, salad and a big plate of mozzarella and tomato salad.
    I decided not to do pudding to keep costs down I brought a multi pack of mini choc bars to put in a now for the kids. I have a cake that serves 16 but will do this at the end and chop up for the kids party bags to take home.
    2 crates of beer and 6 bottles of pop, I haven't brought wine I'm pregnant and being mean plus it's a 2 year olds party I didn't feel the need to supply wine....maybe I'm wrong.

You think this will be ok? I've managed to keep it all on budget of £100 inc party bags and dec's so trying not to panic and go out and buy more. It's a day time BBQ 12-3 so people eat less at lunch right?

In other news car insurance renewal come though for one car it's gone up £38.88 from last year so I called and asked why. They said due to government tax...but she asked a few questions re if we travel with children etc and got it down by £80! I think they just put it up and hope people are too lazy to query it. I'll use too cash back later to get a few more quotes online and they've said they will match any price I get so hopefully should be saving a little a month there.

Right time to get DS down for a nap and clean/cook in prep for the party xxx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Quick pop in before bed.

I made it without going to a shop for more party supplies. There were a few moments I wanted to go buy more food and some games for the party...but I didn't. Whoop! I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

I checked my pocket money account I usually have £50 a week to spend. I had £12 left over this week due to being away and spending other money. I won't be going out tomorrow so I've transferred this to pay off overdraft.

Feeling like today was a good day money wise.
    X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    make sure you use top cashback re the insurance quotes hint hint

if you click on free cashback bit then go through confused.com i am sure you get a couple of quid cashback just for a quote.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • I think you def have enough food! Plus as you say it is lunch time and people do eat less. The more you have the more people either eat or more likely just needs binned!

It is a kids party so I wouldn't be supplying wine either, you're being generous even giving them beer lol

Hope you all have a lovely time xxx

p.s I dropped 6 points from my licence this year and my renewal quote came in more expensive!! Was so shocked!! managed to get it down to what I paid last year, but I was expecting a good few hundred off! lol
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family