Top Cash ISAs

Comments

• reph4444
    reph4444 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Thanks Badger09 - maybe I've read it wrong. When I get to the funding option it states "The maximum you can invest between a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA this tax year is £15,240.00" which is what made me think they'd only take this amount, but doesn't like like after another reading that this is the case
    Though now you have me worried about whether transferring to PO is a good option :-( Any better ones for a transfer and easy access please?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ejv wrote: »
    I have a similar problem as reph4444.
    I have remitted this years whole allowance to HSBC
    I have an old fixed ISA maturing this week at Santander, which drops down to 1.25%
    Would postoffice allow transfer of just my old money?
    Regards

Yes, any ISA which allows transfers in will allow transfer of previous years' subscriptions.

But please see my comments re PO problems before you decide.
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks badger.
    Could you post the link,please(regarding problems with PO)
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    reph4444 wrote: »
    Thanks Badger09 - maybe I've read it wrong. When I get to the funding option it states "The maximum you can invest between a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA this tax year is £15,240.00" which is what made me think they'd only take this amount, but doesn't like like after another reading that this is the case
    Though now you have me worried about whether transferring to PO is a good option :-( Any better ones for a transfer and easy access please?

This is the relevant bit

Have a look here. Don't be put off by the date, its kept up to date by Kazza242;) Scroll down until you get to the part about transfers in.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=401374
  • Hello, I have around £13,000 in a dormant ISA. I've contacted AXA Wealth to ask if my Elevate Investment can have £100 per month added to it by direct debit but they've told me the ISA I was investing in is no longer available and they've asked which I would like to now invest in, they've sent a list with thousands of options but I have NO IDEA which to choose. I would REALLY appreciate any advice please (in layman's terms). Thank you.
  • newuser78
    newuser78 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Perhaps a silly question but I am confused:
    Nationwide Flexclusive ISA 1.6% vs Nationwide Direct ISA 1.9%

Surely the Direct ISA is better than Flexclusive? What's so good about Flexclusive for a FlexAccount customer?

I already have Santander ISA and although its interest rate is not market leading, I am happy to leave it there (I haven't subscribed this tax year yet) and just open a new ISA account with Nationwide.

I am a FlexAccount customer.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    newuser78 wrote: »
    Perhaps a silly question but I am confused:
    Nationwide Flexclusive ISA 1.6% vs Nationwide Direct ISA 1.9%

You probably mean the Nationwide Regular Saver ISA as there is no such thing as a Nationwide Direct ISA?
    http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/isas/isas?ppc=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_114493&gclid=CKygxNfE78UCFYnJtAodDQkArQ

The regular savings ISA is good if you cannot deposit more than £1,270 a month before next March. Next April, the interest rate on this ISA will plummet.

The FlexClusive is better if you want to deposit a lump sum, or if you want to transfer another ISA in.
  • newuser78
    newuser78 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Thanks Archi Bald - sounds like Regular Saver ISA at 1.9% is best option for me as I cannot see myself depositing more than 1,270 per month and will move to another ISA next April.
  • I know I can only open 2 ISAs in a tax year (I cash and 1 investment) but can I end up with loads of ISAs over a number of tax years or do I always have to move my money to keep it in just the two ISAs? I read somewhere recently that you could only own 2 and now I am confused!!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    LTRT325 wrote: »
    do I always have to move my money to keep it in just the two ISAs?
    you definitely do not have to keep your money in just 2 ISAs forever. You can put money into new ISAs every financial year.

Most people will not leave their money in old cash ISAs, as these pay next to no interest. So transferring cash ISAs is a regular job for many people.

It's slightly different fo S&S ISAs - there is usually not much, or any, reason to start a new S&S ISA each year.
    LTRT325 wrote: »
    I read somewhere recently that you could only own 2 and now I am confused!!
    misinformation / misunderstanding
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure