Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Morning everyone and hope you had a good holiday BM

Mr SA is ok but worn out. He spent most of yesterday laying a few paving blocks, I had to interfere as he was laying them all wrong. He used to be good at this sort of thing but seems to have lost his touch. He's got a kneeling stool with handles on otherwise he'd never be able to get back up.

It was a lovely day yesterday so I sat in the garden in between cleaning the house. I bought one of those Flatmate dusters from Lakeland and was ashamed at all the dust it got out from behind radiators and other crevices.

Lost another pound this week so 12 to go now and it got me my 10% star on the Value Diary app. VSP has got £397.01 in it, will be over £400 when I get paid on Tuesday. Scottish Power have lowered my payments by £40 a month even though I'm £100 in debit. Not using any gas at the moment so I suppose what they're thinking is I'll be in credit by the next meter reading.

DS is bringing GD today. She's 1 in a couple of weeks and is almost walking, she pulls herself up but just won't let go and walk off on her own. DS was walking well before his first birthday but DD wasn't, they're all different.

Need to catch up with the other diaries. Have a fab Sunday :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • 1 already :eek:. Where does the time go?? They are definitely all different though, my DS1 never crawled and started walking on his 1st birthday. DS2 crawled everywhere and was 15 months before he took his first steps.

Well done on the VSP. Hope Mr SA is ok today Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Mr SA has been doing my head in today. He is back on the wanting a bike (cycle not motor) trail again. Bearing in mind he is worn out after laying 15 block pavers and the fact his balance is carp. He says he just wants some sort of transport. I suggested a skateboard!!! He's also convinced DD is feeding someone just because she went out to the bin whilst she was cooking something. Sigh! Back to work tomorrow for a rest.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    A pedal trike :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Looking after someone with a brain injury is pants! So frustrating :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    G(((hugs)))
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Sun_Addict
    Those trikes look fab Beanie - until I saw the price!!!!! Great idea though if you can afford it.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They're heavy, and don't cope well with adverse cambers. On the upside, I sold mine for more than I paid for it.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Looking after someone with a brain injury is pants! So frustrating :(

It is Hun. Stinky, old, grey granny pants with holes in type pants too.

Mahoosive hugs to you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills