PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Options

Comments

• Chrisblue1962
    Options
    emiai wrote: »
    I have cut most of last year's christmas cards up with craft scissors we got from the pound shop to make gift tags. Need to borrow a hole punch from work to do the next step!

I'm starting early this year
    Nooooooo.......far too early for Christmas... but I have got a Christmas Fund up and running so I suppose it's not to early to prepare! :rotfl:(skulks off embarassed after being defeated by own lack of logic lol)
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have how long it takes to charge things timed, I then set an alarm on my mobile so I know when to switch it off meaning I'm not paying for extra electricity. Sad I know! :o
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • cornishchick
    Options
    Dont know if this has been said, but i keep my spare oven trays in the oven when it on
    thinking that less space to heat up and keeps the heat in longer....
    Well thats my excuse for not putting them away proberly anyway!:D
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • piecemeal
    Options
    I'm sure this is not a new idea here, but we saved the potato peelings from tonight's mash topping and sprayed them with oil and baked them in the oven after the shepherd's pie had cooked. Now tucking into free, high fibre crisps (with a little salt).
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    piecemeal wrote: »
    I'm sure this is not a new idea here, but we saved the potato peelings from tonight's mash topping and sprayed them with oil and baked them in the oven after the shepherd's pie had cooked. Now tucking into free, high fibre crisps (with a little salt).

You could save even more money in the future by cooking them at the same time as the shepherd's pie ;) I bet they were delicious.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • mineallmine
    Options
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    I have how long it takes to charge things timed, I then set an alarm on my mobile so I know when to switch it off meaning I'm not paying for extra electricity. Sad I know! :o
    That is a brilliant idea :T
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    unixgirluk wrote: »

Very sensible!

I also use last years xmas cards to make gift tags! I'll just cut out a key bit of the image, put a hole through, a bit of red or green wool, and they're all ready for Christmas!

I'm a primary school teacher, and so every year get loads of those mini-sized xmas cards from kids... Which are just perfect for tags! I haven't bought any from a shop for years!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • welsh_mummy
    Options
    Rather than putting the oven on for the garlic bread that was going with our dinner. I popped a slice into one of those toaster bags and toasted it, came out perfect!
    MFW - currently at £23,610 (Aug 2014) MFD 2020
  • mineallmine
    Options
    Pumped up the car tyres (for free at Waitrose, some garages charge). Must empty the car of any weighty clutter too. Every little helps.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • PRINCESSX87
    Options
    Here is a few I do, Not sure if they have been said before,

:money:I save the crusts of bread loafs. Blitz them in to bread crumbs & add a few scoops into meals. Bulks any meal out.

:money:Add 6 drops of essential oils to the filter of my hoover -Stops horrid smells.

:money:Make my own fabreeze. I use one cap full of softener &feel the rest of a spray bottle up with boiling water. Let it go cold, and thenit’s good for use for 1 month.

:money:We use a lot of candles for lighting & heat in thecolder months. We save all candle cuttings & left overs to create newcandles.
    Future goals:
    Become debt free.
    Beat Depression.
    Be happy & healthy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills