Delayed SWIFT payment, HELP!!

I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help. I work for an online tutoring company based in Hong Kong who transfer my salary each month before the 15th via SWIFT. Never any problems before until this month, they transferred my salary on the 9th of November and I still haven't received it. They say theres nothing they can do on their end as they have given me proof that the transaction was made, and my bank (Nationwide) say they've not received a SWIFT transaction so nothing they can do, so my salary has essentially disappeared into thin air. Can anyone help as I heavily rely on this salary and its becoming a desperate situation :-( Thanks.

Comments

• What's the 'proof' that your employer claims shows they have made payment to you?
  • Get a full copy of the original Swift payment instruction. Look to who the correspondent banks/brokers (£ or HK) and in particular the final receiving bank. Then contact Nationwide with this info.
  • They've given me a transaction reference number and that it was performed by "PUSER1" not sure what that means though. I also have their account number that the money came out from which its their account number followed by "Integrated account USD savings". Its basically a screenshot I've been given from their finance department.
  • KJ1990 wrote: »
    They've given me a transaction reference number and that it was performed by "PUSER1" not sure what that means though. I also have their account number that the money came out from which its their account number followed by "Integrated account USD savings". Its basically a screenshot I've been given from their finance department.

Where does USD come in?. Not £ or HKD?

PUSER1 may be the correspondent but I do not know.

In principle a Swift payment is tightly controlled with set form fields which are validated and even fields for comments. In the last few years payment instructions may also show an IBAN number. I suggest that you really need a copy of the Swift payment where all data will be found.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Where does USD come in?. Not £ or HKD?

PUSER1 may be the correspondent but I do not know.

In principle a Swift payment is tightly controlled with set form fields which are validated and even fields for comments. In the last few years payment instructions may also show an IBAN number. I suggest that you really need a copy of the Swift payment where all data will be found.

It could have come out of a $US account in Hong Kong, multi currency accounts were very common there even twenty years ago when I worked there.

The Hong Kong $ is also fixed to the greenback.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    PUSER1 will just be the employee at the HK bank so that’s a red herring. Your UK Bank aren’t going to be able to do anything unless they get a copy of the Swift (and even then they probably won’t be able to do much) so the remitter has to continue to badger their bank to provide details. They should tell them that the beneficiary is claiming non-receipt and at this point their bank should pursue this matter via Swift until it is resolved.

If you can get copies of the Swift(s) that would be a start. It could be simply a 103 or also a 202 depending on how they’ve processed it.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport