Stairlift maintenance ?

My Mother-in-law had a stairlift installed nearly a year ago and the warranty will be running out in a few weeks.
She's had a few problems with it since it was installed, but they have been sorted out fairly quickly by the company.
Now the company is asking her to purchase a maintenance agreement which will cover any problems for the next four years, and they are asking approx £1600 for the privilege.
She's in her mid eighties and this way beyond anything she could afford.
Are there any other ways she could cover the cost of a breakdown for a lot less than the premium the company that installed it want to charge other than perhaps calling out a local engineer.
I would be very grateful for any help !
Thank you

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    bloodnok wrote: »
    My Mother-in-law had a stairlift installed nearly a year ago and the warranty will be running out in a few weeks.
    She's had a few problems with it since it was installed, but they have been sorted out fairly quickly by the company.
    Now the company is asking her to purchase a maintenance agreement which will cover any problems for the next four years, and they are asking approx £1600 for the privilege.
    She's in her mid eighties and this way beyond anything she could afford.
    Are there any other ways she could cover the cost of a breakdown for a lot less than the premium the company that installed it want to charge other than perhaps calling out a local engineer.
    I would be very grateful for any help !
    Thank you

Maybe worth posting on this forum. http://www.stairlift-forum.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills