Lidl Super Weekend 18th / 19th November ONLY

B_M
B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 14 November 2017 at 6:52PM in Gone off!
Another strange mix!
They are still continuing with the weekly wine offer!

image_page-32.jpg

'Pick of the Week' doesn't look any better really.

From page 6 of their leaflet, they appear to be having a 'Carvery' theme.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 14 Nov: Lidl’s up to 45% off weekend offer will be available in stores (find your nearest) on Sat 18 Nov and Sun 19 Nov, and includes:
• Floralys kitchen towels four-pack – 99p (norm £1.89)
• Valley Spire British full flavoured grated cheddar 450g - £1.49 (norm £2.49)
• Cimarosa South African Chenin Blanc 75cl - £2.99 (norm £3.89)
• Orlando multibites chicken & vegetable dog food 10kg - £3.99 (norm £6.49)
• Orlando multibites beef & vegetable dog food 10kg - £3.99 (norm £6.49)

Big thanks to B_M for the spot!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.

Comments

• Cheese doesn't look too bad I wonder if it would freeze as its grated. I normally buy a huge block and divide int three and freeze
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    JackieO wrote: »
    Cheese doesn't look too bad I wonder if it would freeze as its grated. I normally buy a huge block and divide int three and freeze
    Cheese freezes well grated, and defrosts much faster too.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I might get that cheese.... but grated cheese needs to be frozen or used once open as it doesn't last like a block does (it'll go green in a couple of weeks).... but I've a cheese bread I keep meaning to make (I even got as far as weighing out the flour into a takeaway box ... waiting for the moment when I could be bothered to grate some cheese).

:)

Mind you, I only need about 1/5th of that bag..... so I'd have to eat a lot of jacket spuds and cheese omelettes to get through the rest. But it IS cheap.... so too good to miss.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    A strange weekend of deals?

I don't know.

You feed the dog with the dog food.

After the dog has made a total mess, you use the paper towels to wipe it all up.

You then open the wine and have cheese on some crackers whilst sitting down to get over the mess the dog has just created and you've cleaned up.

Perfect circle to me. :rotfl::rotfl:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Cheese freezes well grated, and defrosts much faster too.
    Yes I agree. I always keep the grated cheese in the freezer then use it as required. Cooks nicely in toasties or scattered on most dishes for the last few minutes of cooking. I even find that frozen, scattered on top of salad is defrosted by the time I serve it. Less waste that way....;)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 November 2017 at 2:18PM
    B_M wrote: »
    They are still continuing with the weekly wine offer!

They will have to stop ( at least in Scotland ) when minimum pricing comes in - Cheapest bottle of wine at 12.5% alcohol will have to be over £4.50
  • dlusman wrote: »
    They will have to stop ( at least in Scotland ) when minimum pricing comes in - Cheapest bottle of wine at 12.5% alcohol will have to be over £4.50
    So . . as I'm not in Scotland, they won't have to stop then? :)
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    So . . as I'm not in Scotland, they won't have to stop then? :)

The UK government suported the Scottish government in the legal process that ended today - so very likely to be introduced in England, Wales and NI at some point in near future
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I went to Lidl specifically to buy the Super Weekend cheese at 10am today. The 2 small boxes which contained it had been cleared out and I was advised they had no more.

Surely this is wrong on many levels... Can Lidl bring in customers under such false pretences and get away with it?
  • keiran wrote: »
    I went to Lidl specifically to buy the Super Weekend cheese at 10am today. The 2 small boxes which contained it had been cleared out and I was advised they had no more.

Surely this is wrong on many levels... Can Lidl bring in customers under such false pretences and get away with it?

Maybe, but I went into ours at about that time and they had several boxes there, maybe you should complain (contact us on the website) and see if that has any effect?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport